Saturday, August 6, 2011

Wine Box

I found a simple paper mache wine box at JoAnn's, and I thought it would be perfect for the new Sonoma papers.  I love smokey plum and olive together!


From that angle, I know the top of the box looks kid of funky, so here's a close up of the lid.



I created the flower using the one of the flowers on the Art Philosophy cartridge.  When it was finished I added a little smokey plum ink to the edges, a few vines, a paisley element from the paper, and a little Glitz glimmer gel.  With a nice bottle of wine, this will be a perfect hostess gift!

Shopping Our Stash is looking for violets this week, so I am entering this in that challenge.

10 comments:

Laurel said...

Wow, absolutely gorgeous and perfect for a wine box! love the flower!

Lynn said...

I love that color combo too. Your flower is over the top gorgeous!

Brittany said...

What a beautiful wine box!

CarlaKH said...

How cool! Love the flower on top too! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Marg Van Patten said...

You just keep outdoing yourself! I have to agree, the Sonoma colors are so beautiful. Great gift idea ... thanks Brenda

Alica said...

wonderful! Love the papers and the flower on the top is totally amazing!
Thanks for joining us at SOS this week!

Hugs, Alica ;)

Kristin K. said...

Absolutely beautiful. When I got back from vacation my Paper pack was here. Can't wait to use it. This gives me lots of inspiration!

Deena said...

this is really pretty...love the flower on top, especially that extra accent piece in the matching paper...very nice...thanks for joining in at shopping our stash this week!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dolly Daydreams said...

This is fabulous, great idea, and the flower wow it's amazing,

Marie

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...