Saturday, October 8, 2011

Apples

I don't think I've ever shared with you that a few years ago, I developed an apple allergy.  We love apples in this house, and it's apple picking time right now in Minnesota.  I really miss biting into a sweet tango or honeycrisp.  So this year I was bound and determined to get my apples in!

Something else I may not have told you is that my husband and I started the new Weight Watchers Plus Program in late summer.  We are loving it and so love that WW focuses on superfoods now - those vegetables and fruits that are really healthy for us.  When I looked over the new plan, it made a lot of sense to me, and we love it!  So far so good - Jerry has dropped 28 pounds, and I've lost 23. Wowie!  We've still got a ways to go, but we are feeling better everyday!

Now back to those apples.  I needed to make them in a way that I could eat them, not have an allergic reaction, and still stay within my eating plan.  So I started coring the apple and putting it in the microwave with splenda and cinnamon.  Yummy!!  And no allergies!  Once in awhile I add an eighth of a cup of of kashi granola, and tonight I also added a pear.



I'm finishing it all up with a cup of Starbuck's cinnamon coffee.  Mmmm!!  Now, Shane is at work, Jerry is watching some fights, and I'm about ready to start some crafting.  See you soon with some new artwork!

2 comments:

Dawnll said...

Congratulations on the weight loss, I am so proud of you both. This past week I got back on my walk routine, hope to start some better eating plan this week. I love to cook and do think it is healthy, just portion control that kills me.
That for sharing

Lynn said...

looks yummy! tfs, I'm actually going to start WW this week. I've been feeling the lbs. creep back on and don't want to gain this winter. congrats to you and hubby on your weight loss, wow!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...