Monday, October 24, 2011

Heart 2 Heart Challenges

It is time for this week's reveal at Heart 2 Heart Challenges!  You have got to stop over and see the amazing work that the design team has created for you.  If you need ideas, trust me, this is the place to go!

My card on the challenge blog is different than the one I am showing you today.  So if you'd like to see my card there, you'll have to click over ;)  This card is the one I created for the Regional Celebration contest/swap.  Our objective was to use the 6x6 kraft cards, and I just didn't have time to think of something really new and different.  However, the gals that won, WOWIE! is all I can say.  I saw easel cards, mini albums, candleholders, treat bags - all made with our 6x6 kraft cards.  So let me show you mine.

I created this card by cutting the scalloped border off card and layering pieces of Dreamin' paper.  The bird, scalloped circles, flowers, and tabs were cut using the Art Philosophy cartridge.  The sentiment and leaves are from the So Grateful stamp set.  Yes, I fussy cut 98 leaves for this swap!  I find fussy cutting very relaxing sometimes, so I popped in a movie and cut leaves.
I am going to link this up to:

11 comments:

Lynn said...

this is so beautiful! fun to see you over at The Kraft Journal!

Haley D. said...

Your card is gorgeous! I cannot believe that you cut out 98 stinkin' leaves!!!! Just the ones for this card would be enough for me. Beautiful work! Happy fall!

Anonymous said...

This card takes the cake. I might make something similar for Thanksgiving (not for my blog, just for personal use). You consistently inspire me and I am so blessed to know you. It sounds like you had such a great time at Regionals. I can't wait to meet you at the Convention in Dallas. :-)

Linda Breedlove said...

Beautiful... love your blooms, bird and your gorgeous leaves!

Laurel said...

This is just gorgeous!

Creatique Candy said...

Absolutely stunning! I seen a preview of one of the other kraft cards that were made for the swap & I'm in love with it...now I see yours and I'm like in total awe. Thanks for sharing. :) BTW what is fussy cutting?

Melanie said...

Ohhhhh I really love this card.. the flowers looks like pinecones in the brown colour, very nice!

Mary said...

I was surprised to find a different card here but so glad I stopped because this is gorgeous!!

Kim Duran said...

I just love the banner made from leaves on your card! And the little bird with the cluster of flowers. Great job! So many pretty details. Thanks for playing along this week at The Kraft Journal!

Unknown said...

So stunning! I can see why it is one of your favorites from 2011, thanks so much for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal's Favorite Project of 2011 this week!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is so pretty! I love the leaf garland and that big, thick ribbon! Thanks for linking up your favorite project this week with us at The Kraft Journal!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...