Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Holiday Magic

Today I am bringing you another example using the October Stamp of the Month. Holiday Magic is one of my favorite sets as I think the images are just so veratile. I was reading blogs this morning and was completely inspired two things - a sketch at There She Goes


and the Tuesday Trigger at Moxie Fab

I couldn't wait to use Holiday Magic to create this card!


I have used only cardstock for this card - White Daisy, Grey Flannel, and Lagoon. These are not traditional colors by any means, but oh, so pretty together! Thanks Cath, for giving me the inspiration to use them in the Tuesday Trigger!

The background on the paper is actually the trees from the stamp set. I stamped them with Lagoon ink to create a frilly background. When you get a stamp set, always think outside the box to create with it. A triangular tree can be so many things! The banner is also stamped with Lagoon ink and that is the very tip of the other tree in the set. I stamped the stocking fur with Grey Wool, and the stocking with Lagoon on White Daisy paper. I cut them out leaving about 1/8th of an inch of white showing and then matted them on Grey Flannel paper. A simple sentiment from the set along with some Lagoon embellishments and Licorice gems, finished off the card perfectly!

10 comments:

Doreen said...

Beautiful! Love Tuesday Trigger... always an inspiration. Your card is gorgeous!
~doreen at http://whereisyourhappyplace.blogspot.com

Haley D. said...

Your card is amazingly beautiful! I love this non-traditional Christmas idea.

Yvonne Garner said...

Gorgeous! Great take on the Trigger!

Ivanka said...

Great take on the Tuesday Trigger. I love non traditional holiday cards.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I came to your blog for a closer look. The dress was quite the inspiration piece. It makes me love your card even more-----and I wasn't sure that was going to be possible. :-)

Unknown said...

Beautiful monochromatic card!

Rose A said...

What a beautiful Christmas card! love The stocking and banner-adorable!

VanessaB said...

so cute! :)

Gretel said...

I was literally on the fence about the October SOTM till I saw your card. I ordered it the same day I saw your posting...thanks:)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Brenda! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...