Wednesday, December 7, 2011

One of a Kind

I saw a sketch at Cards & Things challenges, and I fell in love with the simplicity of the sketch.  I love making round cards, so I set to work right away on this one.


I used a clear card, so there is a lot of dimension to this card.  That beautiful blue mat (from the Believe paper packet), bottom snowflake and sentiment are on the inside of the card.  The silver ribbon, sparkles, and large snowflake are on the outside.

Have you ever wondered how to attach paper to a clear card?  I use Liquid Glass - a wonderful product that not only holds really well, but is clear (thus the name!).  It works beautifully on clear cards or albums.

Those glittery snowflakes are easy to create!  I took a couple Flurry dimensional elements and painted them with Create-a-Shade pearl paint.  While they were wet, I sprinkled prisma glitter on them.  It's a pretty look!

Have you been working on Christmas gifts?  I have, but I've not been able to show you.  In case people are reading, I have to wait so as not to spoil the surprise!  It's COLD here!  Today will be in the low 20s, and tomorrow night there are predicting 0 degrees.  Brrrr!!  I think I'd rather have snow!

Thank for stopping by!  I hope you are having a blessed week!

5 comments:

Laurel said...

Such a stunning card!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwe. This card is a real sweetie. I like that you used a clear card, too. Thanks for the inspiration, friend! :-)

Jen Pittman said...

What a pretty card! I love the sparkle from the prisma glitter :) I agree with you- snow would be better than the cold!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! This card is so beautiful. I love the glitterly details!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous card! Got my CTMH goodies, can't wait to get inky!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...