Friday, January 6, 2012

Initial Banner

I have had such a good time today!  I have two Gatherings tomorrow, so I spent the day getting ready for them.  I get to spend the whole day talking about Close To My Heart and paper crafting - I love my job!!  I put together an initial banner for each of my hostesses.



I put almost this whole project together using the Art Philosophy cartridge.  Talk about making something fast and easy!!  I used one of the My Creations banner pieces as the base.  These are the cut measurements:
  • taffy scalloped banner - 7.1 inches
  • blue pennant (made with Miracle paper) - 6.8 inches
  • crystal blue flowers - 2.5 inches
  • taffy flowers - 3 inches
  • taffy letter - 2.5 inches
Once everything was cut, it was just a matter of rolling the flowers and putting it together.  I use Liquid Glass to adhere everything to the My Creations products.  It is such a strong hold!  To finish it off, I add a bow and hanger using Sweet Leaf grosgrain.   I know it's January, but this piece of decor brings just a little bit of Spring to a room!

6 comments:

Barb Craft said...

Brenda.. this banner is gorgeous!! I love the flowers and the colors! Stunning!

Barb :)

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL! Your hostesses will love them. Have a great time at your gatherings!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

This project is spring!! Beautiful. ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Lynn said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What a clever idea! It's so cute and personal. Way to go, Brenda! :-)

Joy said...

Really special! You totally rocked it for your hostesses.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...