Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Twelve on the 12th of 2012 and Clearance Sale

First, I need to tell you to run to my website!  A bunch of new things were added to the clearance page!  Shop now before the items are gone!  I also want to mention that there is a wonderful new shipping option that is really affordable.  Lots of paper and embellishments at WOWIE prices!!


This year I thought it would be fun to participate in a challenge/class that requires me to take pictures of the every day things.  I really liked and decided upon Ella Publishing's Take Twelve.  I was super excited when the 12th came, and I have to tell you that I missed some photo opportunites.  I saw my friend Amber that day - and should have taken a photo.  I went out to lunch with my son - and should have taken a picture of the two of us (rather than just the food!).  So already I am learning from this class - and I love it!

One of my resolutions every year is to work on any crafting materials I have in my stash.  So I used some "old" Close To My Heart that I have been hoarding (and I truly have been hoarding this paper).  This was the Key to My Heart paper from a January special, and I think it was either 3 or 4 years ago that I got it.  How silly is that?!


I printed off all of my pictures in a 3x3 format. I used the tags that came with the Take Twelve kit to tell a little something about each photo.
#1 & #2 - I wake up to these two pets everyday.  In fact, they choose their spots in the bed, and I end up sleeping where this is room!  I know that some of you pet lovers will understand this silliness!
#3 - New cookbook to continue on my WW journey.  I let Shane pick this one out so that I can cook one meal for all of us and still stay on track.
#4  - What is better than walking into Starbuck's and being given FREE coffee?
#5 - French Onion Soup and Thai Chicken Salad at Panera Bread.
#6 - Sorry, mice lovers, but this mouse on our deck needed to go!
#7 - New CTMH to play with!!  Lots of artwork done, and I'll be showing it starting January 28th!
#8 - Shane has picked up the craft of cross-stitching.  And boy, is he good at it!!
#9 & #10 - Magazine Publications
#11& #12 - Sales mentions on the Pacemaker team!

Phew!  Makes me tired that all of that happened in one day!  I love this class, and I love the idea of giving tribute to a day filled with "everyday" things.

Items that are not discontinued that you can find on my website:
Z1616 - Juniper Ribbon
Z1372 - Juniper Buttons
Z1104 - Clear Sparkles
Z1450 - Cork Alphabet
Z1377 - Kraft Color-Ready Borders


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post is jam-packed with really great ideas! Thanks for taking the time to share them--and a little of yourself--with us. :-)

Laurel said...

This is such a great layout! Love those cork letters.

Jamie Harder said...

Fantastic layout! I love the idea of take twelve!!!!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful layout! I love it!

Karen Day said...

Those cork letters & numbers look wonderful on your layout, Brenda! You thought I was hoarding Good Times... now I know what you've been hoarding!! Way to go in the "must use up" mission :o) I'm on it, too!

Amber Huonder said...

How sweet of you to mention me! Glad you didn't get that photo...I was probably having a bad hair day. :) Seriously, bring your camera next time!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...