Wednesday, February 29, 2012

ScrapFIT Workout #63

I am so excited to bring you the new ScrapFIT Workout!  Some of you may remember Diana from Sketchy Thursdays.  Do you miss those sketches as much as I do?  I am so happy to tell you that Diana is ScrapFIT's Creative Trainer, and you will be finding her sketches on ScrapFIT!  So without further ado, her is the sketch for this week along with my interpretation.



Journaling on this layout means meant as much to me as the wonderful picture taken of Shane on Christmas day.  Shane has so many aspirations and dreams and sometimes life just doesn't go fast enough for 22 year-olds.  That's what this layout is all about.  The journaling reads, "Sometimes it takes a little while to get where you are going.  There are a lot of twists and turns in the road, but hang on because the road does straighten in a lot of wonderful places.  When we do reach those places, we have grown so much from all those curves and detours we encountered that our destination is even sweeter.  Oh the places you'll go!!"

I hope you'll visit ScrapFit to see all the wonderful inspiration from other design team members.  Paper Quirks is our sponsor and prize for this challenge.



Items used to create this layout can be found on my website:
X7154B Cruisin' Paper Packet
X7154C Cruisin' Silver Foil Images
Z1701 Grey Wool Baker's Twine
Z1682 Notable Alphabet Dimensional Elements
Z1335 Licorice Gems

6 comments:

Laurel said...

What a great layout and wonderful journaling!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Wow, what a wonderful LO for this special photo and heart string touching journaling! What an encouragment this must be to your son! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I love this layout, especially the journaling from your heart and the argyle covered letters. I love that argyle paper!

Lynn said...

so modern and so heartfelt at the same time! Funny thing is, I could totally scraplift this and substitue a photo of my son who is 26 and finding his way in life. Love this layout Brenda!

Anonymous said...

I like this layout a whole lot. You did a beautiful job on the paper choices. My favorite part is the journaling. What a terrific example of how personalized journaling completes and enhances a layout. :-)

Steffanie said...

Love the map paper strip. Love that you added the small strips and brads on the left. Nice work!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...