Monday, February 20, 2012

Together

Every time I use one of Liz Qualman's sketches , I have to tell you again how much I love her work!  She inspires me to bring my pages to another level and to create in a way I may not.  This week her suggestion was to try color blocking with her sketch.  Please visit her HERE to see her example.  You will love it!



These are pictures taken at our bonfire last October.  The top photo is my sister Patti's family, and the bottom photo is my husband's twin brother's family.  I took Liz's sketch pretty literally so pretty much everything that was suggested.  The paper and stickease are Olivia, and they are retired.  But isn't it so pretty for these photos?  Let me tell you how I made the banner.  I used the Banners Dimensional Elements and covered them with paper.  So easy to do because I used the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge to cut the perfect sized banners.  Then I punched holes and weaved Sunset baker's twine through the holes.  I LOVE that we now sell 8 colors of baker's twine!  I cut the tickets with my cartridge, too, and then stamped them with last November's stamp of the month, Cherish the Day.  I also added a few buttons from our Sunset Mini Medleys.


I think you should try this sketch.  It was so much fun and it showcased my pictures perfectly!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Breath taking!

Laurel said...

This is just perfect!

Lynn said...

I LOVE how you used the tickets to create a border! So clever. I love making those stamped tickets!!! so fun!

Anonymous said...

The tickets are such a clever way to interpret that space on the sketch! I'm behind in my "blog following," but just had to stop and comment on this great layou. It's beautiful! :-)

Brianna Marshall said...

what a cute layout!i love the tiny twine bows,the add such a cute detail!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...