Sunday, March 4, 2012

Our Thoughts

I spent the day yesterday at a 12-hour MS crop.  The organizers of this crop are just marvelous women - a mother and two daughters - and it was a perfect day!  I was able to spend time with old friends and new friends, and I even managed to get a couple of projects done!  I thought I would share them with during the next couple of days.

The first is a card that was inspired by the shaped card challenge at Creative Cutter Room and Mojo Monday's sketch.



As you can see, I chose the square option.  Well, kind of!  I used the bracket square card from the Art Philosophy cartridge.  (Don't forget, you can get the Art Philosophy collection FREE this month from Close To My Heart!  Read the details HERE!) In fact, the border and flowers were also cut with the cartridge.  I love that there are just so many things that can be done with this versatile cartridge!  I also used Pemberley paper, A Blossom stamp set, Wooden Garden Shapes, Crocheted Colonial White ribbon, and a round stud for the center of the flower.

I'll be back tomorrow with a fun Easter project!

12 comments:

Laurel said...

This is so pretty!

Lynn said...

So pretty! I'm going to try some shaped cards with my cart later today!

Jamie Harder said...

Sounds like a fun day! I love this card! The bracket is perfect and I love the cluster of flowers!!

Unknown said...

Hey chica!!!

Glad you joined us!! Great take on the sketch! And I love your colors!!!

Crafty Hugs,
Jessica
www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

VERY neat. Is the front flap a partial? I can't tell. Part of me thinks it is and part of me doesn't. Anyway, it inspired me to think "partial" as a new way to use the AP cards. Thank you for getting those wheels in my head turning today. I really needed a dose of inspiration. This card is really beautiful. :-)

Tonya said...

What a beautiful mono-chromatic card. I love the shape. Great job Brenda.

Tonya
ittybittyladybugs.blogspot.com
(join me for my birthday giveaway)

Suzanne said...

Great card, Brenda!

Marg Van Patten said...

Lovely and thoughtful. I like what you've been doing with the wooden garden shapes.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Beautiful card! Great shape and love the shape! Thanks for supporting DT 1 and joining us over at the Creative Cutter Room! DT Member Carri

Tracy said...

That is such a pretty card!

Tracy

Cathie Rigby said...

Oooh so very beautiful! Love the elegant style. Glad you played along on this challenge. TFS Cathie

DIANA L. said...

Great card Brenda thanks for joining/supporting CCR Challenge DT 1
DIANA L. DT CCR

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...