Thursday, May 31, 2012

First Communion

Welcome to ScrapFIT Workout #69!  For this workout, we have a sketch by Diana:


Here is my interpretation ~

This was Shane's First Communion.  It was unique because he took instruction two years before he supposed to in our Lutheran Church.  Oh, how we all loved that church!  It was Easter sunrise service, and the congregation created a huge circle within the sanctuary to pass the bread and wine.  Of course, children were always blessed, but that particular day it wasn't enough for Shane.  He wanted to know why, if everyone was welcome at the table, why did Communion bypass him?  When I shared that with our pastor, she said right away that he was ready for instruction and would teach him herself.  Six months later, he was taking his first Communion.  What a blessed day!  Our youth pastor sang "How Beautiful" by Twyla Paris, and it was very, very moving.  I think our little Shane really did testify that day just by his desire to be closer to Jesus.

For such a beautiful memory, I could only turn to Florentine paper.  I think that Close To My Heart created this paper just for me.  It is my very favorite go-to paper for memories such as these.  I did some stamping with Family Love, Trinity Alphabet, and He is Risen.  The embellishments are the Cocoa Ribbon, Garden Wooden Shapes and Mocha Opaque Gems.

I hope that you'll play along with this sketch at ScrapFIT!  The other design team members have created some beautiful work for your inspiration, so be sure to pop in and visit.  Our sponsor for this sketch is Holly Craft Originals, and the winner will receive a $20 gift certificate to her store!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful layout to commemorate such a special memory. :)

Haley D. said...

Way to go, Shane! Brenda, your layout is a beautiful commemoration of such an important moment in his life. I like how you cut the medallion in half to frame the photos.

first communion invitations said...

Adorably beautiful!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...