Wednesday, June 13, 2012

As Time Goes By

This layout on page 66 of the Idea Book captured my attention immediately when I saw it way back in January:


I love the way the stamps from Simple Memories are used to create the background for this paper.

So I finally sat down this morning to create something using this idea.


The colors in this card are Bamboo, Colonial White, and a touch of Heavenly Blue ribbon.  I used Bamboo ink on Bamboo cardstock to create the partial background in the same patters as the layout.  I embossed the medallion to give it a little more pop, and the Designer Rhinestone Brad finished it off.

I think it's wonderful to sit down with a stamp set and create the background with just ink and cardstock.  So often the result is so wonderful, and in this case, very elegant.  

Don't forget that it's STAMPAGANZA month!  During the month of June, when you buy one stamp set, you get one free.  You can go here to start shopping!

2 comments:

Eva Friesen said...

Very pretty!!! Great work

Lynn said...

You know I love this...very vintage-y and with a look of Kraft. I just got this stamp set and will be trying this very technique with the tone-on-tone. TFS

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...