Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Little Studio J

I found some photos of my nephew by googling him.  I suppose we could all find pictures of ourselves that way, but these are the types of photos that I always try to capture when I watch my nephews play baseball.


The newspaper photographers did a great job, don't you think?  There are a couple of reasons I chose to do this layout in Studio J.

  1. I couldn't find the right paper to match his uniform.  But in Studio J, I can change the color of the paper to anything I want!  The star patterned paper was originally black, but I changed it to smokey plum.   It still wasn't quite the right color but I changed the intensity of the color to make it match just right.  All the while, I was able to keep the star pattern!  I also added honey (the yellow color) to the layout because their colors are purple and gold.  The grey in the embellishments matches the uniform pants, so it all coordinates just the way I like it!
  2. I know that as soon as this arrives and I see her, I will be giving this layout to my sister.  But I am going to want a copy for myself, too!  In Studio J, I can make as many copies as I'd like!
Have you tried Studio J yet?  I'd love for you to hop over there, and set up a free account.  It is free to try - you can even upload photos and play around with it for absolutely nothing.  There is no need to download anything as this is online software.  Close To My Heart has made this so easy to use that I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised.  Do you see the stitched stars?  Those are an embellishment - finally I am stitching on my layouts!!

Have I told you about the Express Collections?  You've got to pop in and see them!  They are pages all ready to go!  How easy is that?!  All you need to do is pop in your photos and do some journaling.  What a great idea!

One last thing - are you sad when a paper packet discontinues?  I know I was sad to see Sonoma go!  But it lives on in Studio J.  I can go in there and use the paper, matching stickease, and embellishments. Take a look, and as always, let me know if you have any questions!  I'd love to show you how to use this fabulous program!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE this layout and how you personalized everything until it was just perfect!

Marg Van Patten said...

This is excellent Studio J technique at work here Brenda! Great photos deserve awesome layouts like this!

One bolt short of a toolbox said...

Too cool!

Janet
door251.com

Taryn said...

I learn something new every day about scrapbooking and it is inspirational.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...