Friday, August 31, 2012

Some Great News and a New Project

I am SO VERY EXCITED to tell you that I am joining the brand new Cut it Up Challenges Design Team!

Cut it Up Challenges is a brand new challenge blog that focuses on using die cuts in your paper crafting.    Challenges will be starting September 7th, will run for two weeks, and there will be prizes!  You know me well enough to know that you will be seeing a lot of work coming from my Cricut.  But when you participate in our challenges, you can use absolutely any die cuts!  Don't you think this is going to be a fun?!  I can't wait when we start our challenges next Friday, so be sure to stay tuned!

To get you in the mood, I've created a pretty little project using the Cricut Artiste cartridge.




I used the Artiste cartridge to cut the box, the bows, and the rolled flowers.  You could use the box for a gift, but as you can see, I turned it into an exploding photo album.  What do you think of the new Colonial White Rosette Ribbon?  I love it, and I simply add some pearls to the center to give it even more of a feminine look.

I am really excited to be inspired by all of you when you participate in the Cut it Up Challenges!!

15 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on being picked for the Cut It Up design team! I am a new follower.

Linda ☺
Crafting With Nana

Marg Van Patten said...

Well if this isn't right up your alley! Cut it Up made a great choice by having you on the DT. Looking forward to the first challenge and seeing even more of your inspiring work. Congrats! BTW.... Gorgeous album box!

Lynn said...

congrats on the new design team gig! Looks like a perfect fit for you and your amazing Cricut cut projects! What a clever exploding album you made here. Love all the ribbon and pearls and your roses. This is so Brenda!

Wild Bluebonnets said...

Congrats! That is so exciting!

This photo album is amazing. Wowzers!

Janis Lewis said...

Congrats! I'm so excited too, and looking forward to CUTTING IT UP with you! Love your box and flowers. How pretty. That cart is on my WISH list. :) Janis, CIU DT Sister

Kimberly J. said...

Congrats and Welcome to the team!! We are so excited to have you on it! :) Wow that flower box is amazing! Rolled Roses are some of my favorite embellishments! :)

Laurel said...

Congrats on making the team! Beautiful project today!

Shelly Nemitz said...

Congratulations ... I'm always amazed by the things you create. You inspire me ... to look at more of your blog posts : )

Unknown said...

Wow! Wow! Wow!

scrapqueen141 said...

Wow, amazing project - beautiful! So excited, I'm looking forward to getting to know you as we work together!!!
Hugs,
Jamie
http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Wow! This is absolutely stunning! Congrats and welcome to the team! I look forward to working with you :)

Stacey
staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Brenda, looking forward to being on the team with you! I love your box! All the flowers are beautiful! :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

ScrappyHappyMommy said...

Brenda, congratulations and so happy to be on the DT with you!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Brenda! Looking forward to working with you!
Evelyn

Peggy Lee said...

Wonderful Congrats on the DT! Beautiful box!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...