Saturday, September 1, 2012

ScrapFIT Workout #75

Time for another challenge at ScrapFIT!  During this next two weeks, we want to see what you can do with twine.  Sometimes I wonder what we did without it!  There are so many colors of twine, and they are all so beautiful!  Even a little piece here or there adds a whole lot to a page.

Today, I want to show you a few different things I did with twine on this layout of my son taken 17 years ago!

There is nothing particularly special about this layout, but it is one of my very favorite layouts.  You know, as our children grow older, it's hard to watch them go through difficult things.  All those monsters of life are just terrible, and all we can do is to entrust them into God's hands and remember that what they face today is what will shape them for tomorrow.  Here is my journaling up close:


Our prize this week from the Paper Issues store is the Eclectic Slide Fit Kit.


I look forward to seeing what you do with twine!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE this!

Marg Van Patten said...

There IS something very special about this layout. Your insight as a mother and the love you have for your son makes this an outstanding page. At first I laughed because the whole scene is so fun and charming. Then, your journaling brought tears ... thanks for sharing your art and your heart!

Ashley Horton said...

Great page, Brenda!! I LOVE that CTMH collection and you did such an awesome job with it!! Love your page design and fun use of the twine!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...