Sunday, September 30, 2012

Christmas Photo Block


Ok, this is the cutest little My Creations item!  It's a 3x3 block, only $3.95, and it's full of possibility!  In this Idea Book, they are shown as a perpetual calendar - what a great idea, right?  I decided to turn mine into a photo block using Pear & Partridge paper.  As you can see, I've attached our smallest (2x2) flip flaps on each side of the block and then slid a photo mat into each pocket.


I created this using the much the same techniques as I used on my Noel card the other day.  I cut poinsetta blooms using the Artiste cartridge and stacked them together.  I can't get enough of that Almond Glitz Gel for accent - it's just so Christmas-y!  I sponged color ready ribbon with Cashmere ink and that gave it a very nice gold appearance.

It was such a pleasure to create for Operation Smile, and thoroughly enjoyed every single minute!  If you would like to learn more about Operation Smile and what they accomplish for children around the world, please click on this link.  All the items used to create this box can be found on my website.

At the time you are reading this, I am on my way back from St. Louis.  Oh, I can't wait to share what I've learned and all of the fun artwork!!

3 comments:

ScrappyHappyMommy said...

Beautiful Brenda. what a great idea!

Migdalia said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

Unknown said...

Soooooo pretty. I just love this paper.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...