Saturday, September 29, 2012

Recipe/Card Box


This is one of my favorite My Creations items.  (Did I say that yesterday about the Display Album?)  It is so versatile, and I have used this for many things.  I have one for my vitamins, one for cards from my team members, and I have one for photos.  I can think of many other uses, too!  Well, for this one I used the delicate fall floral pattern of Clementine.


One of the wonderfully unique cuts from the Artiste cartridge is the yo-yo flower.  I love making these will all of the different scallops and cuts.  I added floral doily from the Bohemian Assortment and then a rolled flower on top of that.  I tucked some burlap under the flower, and I am going to give you a tip about this.  You need to make sure that the flower and ribbon are really secure because you will be opening and closing the box often.  I used Liquid Glass to put together the flowers together, and I also used it on the burlap.  I'll tell you, that flower and ribbon are not moving!


As you can see, I turned this into a card box for the Operation Smile auction.  I cut the file tabs using the Artiste cartridge and simply stamped them with the November Stamp of the Month (mark your calendar -you will like that one!).

All of the items used to make this box can be found on my website!

3 comments:

Casandra Bennett said...

This is awesome. Love the monthly tab dividers!

Unknown said...

Another BEAUTIFUL project for the auction!

Lynn said...

All your projects were so beautiful Brenda. This one is my fave! How wonderful that your creations raised so much for such a good cause.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...