Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My Pick O' the Patch

Fall photos are some of my favorite to scrap.  I think it's the rich colors of autumn that just make me happy!
I wanted to show you today how easy it is to use the September Stamp of the Month, Fall Favorites, on a layout.


Where did this little boy go?  As the mother of an adult child, I am so glad that I was never a chronological scrapbooker.  I really enjoy going back, looking through these memories, and putting them to paper now.

I know many people are hesitant to incorporate stamping into a layout.  Let me tell you about all the stamping I did on this layout.  The leaves at the top are from the stamp set Harvest Happiness.  The rest of the stamps - border, scarecrow, pumpkins, "fall," jounraling spot, and "pick o'the patch," are all from the September Stamp of the Month.  Because of all the coloring that I did with the awesome alcohol markers, there wasn't a need for printed paper or even a lot of matting. (If you'd like to see the coloring a little better, just click on the photo to make it larger.) The burlap ribbon lends itself well to this stamp set, don't you think?

I think you might see a lot more of this stamp set.  It's just so cute and a lot of fun to use!!  I am going to enter this into a challenge:



7 comments:

Jen Pittman said...

Brenda I love this page! Although my children are still growing, I completely can relate about being glad you aren't a chronological scrapper. I also enjoy going back to scrap the pictures of when they were younger and relive the moments. Thanks for sharing. :)

Joyce said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Unknown said...

LOVE it!

Ruth G said...

I'm so with you about how fun it is to "be behind" on my scrapping! My kids are still fairly young (13 and 11), but I scrap very slowly (and spend a lot of time looking at blogs) so most everything I'm scrapping is like a walk down memory lane. Luckily I journaled as I went so I could add meaningful tidbits I may otherwise forget.
Thanks for sharing your stamped LO! I don't do much stamping since I tend to really love the patterned paper, but it really looks lovely on your page!

Lynn said...

Great layout. Love the leafy banner and the burlap accent at the bottom. Sweet!

jimlynn said...

Fabulous colors and layout! So many wonderful memories in this.
Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash.
Lynn

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Love so much about this LO. The leaves, the burlap, the bare trees. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash this week!
Blessings,
Michelle

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...