Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Noel

It's been some time since I posted - I am so sorry about that!  I have been teaching classes, went on a weekend scrapbook retreat, and I have been getting ready for the Close To My Heart Regional Celebration in St. Louis.  Whew!  I have posts scheduled for the next few days, too, so keep checking back often!

Today, I am bringing you a Christmas card inspired by three different challenges:



This card was created with Pear and Partridge paper and the Cricut Artiste cartridge.  I really enjoy making 6x6 cards, so when I saw Valerie's sketch at Got Sketch?, I knew I had to do a larger card.  These colors from the paper packet lend themselves well to the shabby chic look and old world Christmas.  Let's look a little closer:


I've got 6 layers of poinsetta cuts from the Artiste Christmas key.  I used Almond Glitz Gel to add sparkle to the leaves, and then I tucked in some metal flourishes and a button from the Antiqued Gold Mini Medleys collection.  

You will see more of the ornaments next month when I introduce the October Stamp of the Month.  So that's just a sneak peek!  I hope that you are having a great week and that you're having plenty of time to craft!

16 comments:

Casandra Bennett said...

Very pretty. I love how you used the striped paper for your pennants to mimic the look of ribbon. A little glitz never hurt a card. ;)

Migdalia said...

WOW!!Just Beautiful!!!!!!M favorite the Poinsetta!Love it!TFS
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia

Unknown said...

I love everything about this card. It's just so elegant. From the glitter, to the poinsettia layers, to the scrolls from the antiqued gold mini-medley, to your use of the September Stamp of the Month...just gorgeous!

~ Jo ~ said...

Oh this is sooo beautiful! I love the glittered layers and this card is so very elegant... beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us at Cardz TV!

Hugs,
Jo- CTDT
www.jwscrapshack.blogspot.com

canadian_liner said...

The banners really set the stage for this beautiful card. LOVE that poinsettia, so glitzy. Thanks for joining the crew at H2H this week, amidst all your other activities!

Laurel said...

Gorgeous!

Mimi said...

VERY pretty! Love the details and the color combo!

Thanks for playing along with Cardztv Stamps!

mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com
Cardztv Design Team

Amy Moore said...

So pretty! I love this!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous! This is one of my all-time faves of yours. So soft and pretty.

Unknown said...

Celebrate your Christmas and new year with
unique and personalized christmas gifts from Ezsnaps. Wide range of personalized christmas gifts available at low cost for selection.

Anonymous said...

Love your poinsettia! Will have to give that a try. Beautiful card.

mum of two said...

What a beautiful card, just perfect for our "bling it up" challenge! I love the soft colors and all the little touches. Thanks for playing with us over at Cardz TV, hope to see you again soon :)

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Josie (Joanne Barnes) said...

May have to scraplift that beautiful poinsettia!

Peggy Lee said...

oh my this is so beautiful...would you mine if I use your card for inspiration...of course credit to you?

Marg Van Patten said...

Simple gorgeuos! I'll bet we're going to be seeing LOTS of poinsettas and glitz from you in the coming months!

Lynnae said...

Love love love..lynnae

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...