Thursday, October 25, 2012

My Creations Card Box


I started a project today, and I thought I would share what I have done so far.  This is the My Creations Card Box, and I've decorated it with Avonlea paper.  Everything about this paper feels very vintage to me, and it makes a lovely gift!  I started out by sponging the box edges with Slate ink, and then I covered it with Slate cardstock.  From there, I covered the box with Avonlea paper. (I cut the Avonlea paper 1/8" smaller than the Slate.)

I wanted to show you a close up of the top of the box, so that you could get a proper look a the embellishments.  I cut five rolled flowers from the Artiste cartridge (have you asked me for information about this cartridge yet?), and I put large pearl opaque gems in the centers.  I don't always do that, but I wanted them to be a little fancier for this box.  I added three cardstock and one ribbon banner to the top of the box, and I stamped the lower banner using a sentiment from Family Tree.  That gave me a good base with lots of interest for the flowers, and I mixed in some Slate flourishes (which are super nice because they bend), a Bling trinket pin, and some pearl opaque gems.  I had a little piece of  rosette ribbon cut, so I finished off the whole cluster with that.

I'll be showing you what I will be putting in the box tomorrow.  I do want to tell you that this is one of the items that I will have for sale at the Cross of Hope craft boutique.  Here is the information, and if you are local, I would love to see you there!  (Check back tomorrow because I will have a coupon for you to use at the boutique.)

Cross of Hope Lutheran Church Craft Boutique
5730-179th Lane NW
Ramsey, MN

Saturday, November 10th
9:00 am - 3:00 pm


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your work is stunning!!!

Laurel said...

Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

You truly are the queen of flowers. Just so elegant!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...