Monday, October 29, 2012

One of a Kind

Sometime ago, I was a design team member for Sassy Lil Sketches.  I so loved working with Cherie's sketches.  For some reason, they just spoke to me and the way I like to create.  It was very sad for me when Sassy Lil Sketches closed down, and I've been spending a lot of time looking for new sketches that speak to me in the same way.  Don't get me wrong - there are so many amazing sketches out there.  But I think each of us has a style that really works for us individually.  And then I found Iwona's Sketchbook Saturday sketches.  I try to play as often as I can, and I love that they are just for fun.  If I am busy, I can go back to work on a sketch and just leave Iwona a comment.  Please go and visit her!  Not only will you love the Sketchbook Saturday sketches, but her artwork is amazing!

I worked with Sketch #81 today:

Interestingly enough, the banner were a real eye-catcher for me on this sketch (I won't get tired of banners any time soon), but I ended up not using that amongst the snowflakes.  


I used the Snowflakes stamp set for this card.  It has the prettiest border stamp and that is what I used to create the small scalloped edge.  The lines on the bottom and side of the card are actually score marks, and I brought them out a little by lightly inking them.  Sparkles and Glitz Gel finished this card off nicely.  

Thanks for visiting today! 

4 comments:

Laurel said...

So beautiful!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

So pretty! Love how you combined the colours and patterns!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card. Your cards always have so much detail. I study each one so I don't miss a thing!

Unknown said...

I love this card. It is so you!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...