Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving


I have much to do in my office today, but sometimes you just have to stop and play.  That is what I did this morning!  I took out my pigment towers and decided to use alcohol markers with them.  This gorgeous set is called Abundance and without a doubt, the most gorgeous Thanksgiving set I've ever seen.

I stamped the image with Cocoa pigment ink, and I stamped the sentiment with Barn Red pigment ink.  I also sponged the edges with Barn Red and used my stubble texture tool to add a little depth.  The marker colors I used are Autumn Terracotta, Smokey Plum, Eggplant, Ruby, Olive, and Honey.  Because our Basic colors are not available yet (Good thing come to those who wait!!  And aren't we glad that Close To My Heart takes the time necessary to bring us the perfect product?), I mixed Autumn Terracotta and Olive to get brown.  I so love Thanksgiving, and the end result was that this card soothes me...the color, the technique, the thoughts of a turkey in the oven with my apple pecan stuffing.  Sometimes we just need to step back and play with our supplies even if there is work to do!

I am going to enter this card into three challenges:

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Brenda! This is breath-taking!

Allisa said...

Gorgeous card! Great job on the coloring.

Unknown said...

Stunning brenda!!

mylittlecardstudio.blogspot.com said...

Stunning! Apple pecan stuffing sounds very very scrummy. Back to the card.... it's beautiful, everything about it is gorgeous. love it! Thank you for joining us at 2 Sisters this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Marg Van Patten said...

Two thumbs up on this one! Your coloring is fabulous! Can't wait to see other projects you create with this stamps set.

Marg Van Patten said...

One more thing ... would you consider sharing that stuffing recipe with us? :)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...