Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Studio J Meets the Stamp of the Month

I sat down today to try something that I have been wanting to do for a long time.  I have wanted to combine traditional scrapbooking with our online software, Studio J, to create what is known as a hybrid layout.  Let me show you what I did!

Here is the Studio J layout :

This is such pretty paper, and I am so glad that I can still use it in Studio J!   Here is what it became after adding some traditional supplies:

Can you see where I've used the stamp of the month, Very Merry Christmas?  I stamped the ornaments, circle element on the bottom left page, and the the tag sentiment on the right page.  If you are wondering how I made the ornaments, I stamped the image first with Bamboo and then in New England Ivy. I paper pieced the center and added some gems.  My friend Lynn had created some ornaments last week with glitz gel and they were beautiful.  So I took her lead and thought that the stardust gel would these ornaments the finishing touch they needed.  Truly, they are so much prettier in person!  I've also added some stacked flowers from the Just Blooms Floret collection,  cranberry buttons, and plenty of sparkles.  Those pretty, pretty brads are from the long since retired Mistletoe collection.

So you see, Studio J is marvelous in itself, but it can be even more amazing when you add a few traditional touches.  What I love is that I was able to create an affordable base layout and have all those unique picture sizes.  Then I was able to take it a little further with all the sparkle that I love for Christmas layouts!  Why not give Studio J a try this month - I think you will be pleasantly surprised!  It's a good month to try it because when you buy 9 Studio J layouts, you will get your 10th layout free.  How awesome is that?!!

1 comment:

Dana Paper Memories4u said...

Oh Rose, you may have just made me like Studio J :)) Studio J has just been to flat for my liking but I LOVE this idea. THanks Dana

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...