Sunday, October 7, 2012

Christmas Poinsettas

Yesterday, I had a 12-hour crop for my customers.  This is the first time I've had less than a full house, so it gave me the opportunity to talk with everyone, look at their work, and get some things done myself.  All in all, it was a great day!  I managed to get five cards made as I was really, really putzy and just took my time.   I managed to make two cards without flowers (which I will show you in the days ahead), but then I saw the Sketchbook Saturday sketch:

Don't you agree that this screamed for flowers?

So I pulled out my Pear & Partridge and went to work making some poinsettas with the Artiste cartridge and Almond glitz gel.  This paper and card are also perfect for the Moxie Fab Christmas Card Challenge!


If you look at this card closely, you will see that I used that grid stamp from Universal Backgrounds to stamp the background of the colonial white place on the card and the tag.  


Isn't that sentiment just wonderful?  It is from the October Stamp of the Month, Very Merry Christmas.  That set is available this month only for $5.00 with a $50 purchase from my website.  In my opinion, there are just never enough Christmas stamps!!  As far as the poinsetta goes, there are six diecuts used to make this flower.  I cut three at 2-1/2" and three at 1-1/2".  Then I outlined them with almond glitz gel.  It only take about 15 minutes to dry, and then you can stack them together.  The antiqued gold mini medley flourishes and button finished off this card nicely.

I will also be entering this card into the following challenges:

14 comments:

Sue said...

Beautiful card and fabulous Poinsettia.
Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges :)

Casandra Bennett said...

So pretty. Very elegant.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh gosh, love that poinsettia! My dimension-loving self is dancing with joy :)

Patricia Chalas said...

Very lovely tag that Poinsettia is adorable!
Thanks for playing along with us at CSAYL!!

Judy McKay said...

Lovely card. The Poinsetia is beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week.

Alyson Mayo said...

That flower is amazing! I have to try one of those for myself. You are truly an inspiration! Great job :)

Meighan Wheller said...

Lovely Christmas card Brenda. Love the Poinsetia, it is such a lovely focal point of the card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Holly Jolly this week. Regards Meighan

Unknown said...

This card is just breath taking. I love everything about it and all of the little details you always add to make things so special.

Deanne Saunders said...

Gorgeous card!!! Thanks for participating in our CSAYL challenge!!

Mynn xx said...

OH my goodness, this is amazing! GORGEOUS holiday card--that flower is stunning! Thanks for joining us at CSAYL! :)

chrissy xx said...

Your flower is GORgeous! Such a lovely tag too.
Thank you sooo much for joining us at CSAYL.
Chrissyxx

Heather said...

This is beautiful!! I love your flower, your tag and that striped paper. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

K Clark said...

oh... love all the little details you put into the card! thanks for joining us at Pile it on - hope to see you again next week

Fabiola said...

hello, you tag is too cute and so gorgeous, thanks to play with us at CSAYL, hope to see you soon, biz

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...