Monday, November 19, 2012

Believe

We don't have snow here in my part of Minnesota yet, but that's okay.  I would much rather have my stamp my snowflakes!

I used the snowflakes from the Pear & Partridge WOTG stamp set.  They are so pretty stamped in Crystal Blue ink.  Then I sponged around them to add a little more warmth.  I want to show you a close up so that you can see further detail:


Look closely, and you will see that after I stamped and sponged, I ran the cardstock through my Cuttlebug using a Darice snowflake embossing folder.  A little bit of glitz finished off the snowflakes.  I wish you could see this card in person because it's really shiny!  The black organdy and acrylic slide are from my CTMH stash - things that I have been saving for just the right projects.  This is a pretty clean and simple card, but oh, so pretty!  The only problem is....who do I give this card to for Christmas?!

The jumping point for me for this card was the Dynamic Duos color challenge:


My Mum's Craft Shop, CAS-ual Fridays, and 4 Crafty Chicks are all have winter challenges so this fits perfectly into those as well.

I also want to tell you about something fun that is going on this weekend.  My Rose Blossom team is having a Christmas Blog Hop!  It will be from Friday, November 23rd to Sunday, November 25th.  You will find much inspiration along the way!  I could be a little biased, but I have some fabulous artists on my team, and I can't wait for you to see what their creations!  There are 8 stops on the hop and prizes to be won.  I hope you'll join us!


11 comments:

Allisa said...

Gorgeous card, love the pop of black!

Unknown said...

I have a thing for snowflake cards and this one is just gorgeous!

Casandra Bennett said...

Ms. Brenda, this is such a pretty card. The embossing makes this look like it was a pattern paper you bought, instead of just stamping...totally professional! :) Happy Turkey Day!

Romaine said...

Brenda, iLOVE how it turned out!!

Jenny Engelke said...

Aha! I was wondering how you got the Believe on that ribbon....it's an acrylic slide....how cool is that?!?! I love all the snowflakes, sponging and embossing! Thanks for joining us at DD this week!

Tamie said...

Clean, simple and fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Sally said...

Great card, thanks for joining in our winter wonderland challenge at MMCS.
Sally.

Anonymous said...

Your snowflakes are gorgeous, Brenda! I also love the drama added by the beautiful black bow.
Thanks so much for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays :)

Bobbie said...

From one MN girl to another....this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I love the imaging and embossing is so clever. It looks like there is some spritzing and did you stamp on the ribbon? So happy you joined the Dynamic Duos this week.

Amy White said...

Gorgeous background you've created! Love the combination of stamping, embossing and sparkling!! Thanks for playing along with Dynamic Duos this week!

Lisa A. said...

Beautiful, Brenda!! LOVE the panel of snowflakes and the ribbon with the sentiment behind it...lovely!! So happy you joined the two week challenge at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...