Friday, November 30, 2012

Cut it Up Challenge #7

We'd like to see your 3D holiday decorations at Cut it Up.  It's up to you what holiday you would like to create for - just make sure to use a die-cut!

I don't have any New Year's decor, so that is what I decided to create:


I only wish you could see how sparkly this is!  Let me show you some details up close:


My base pieces are the My Creations banner.  I left them plain and used my Universal Background music notes stamp to "cover" them.  (I am gaining a huge love for background stamping!)  I used the same desert sand ink to sponge the edges of the banners.  I cut the numbers at 5-1/2" using the Artiste cartridge.  I covered them with Liquid Glass and then pressed them into Prisma Glitter.  Ihad to let them dry for about 4 hours before I could adhere them to the banners.  It's worth the wait, though, because that glitter is permanent!  I wanted to add some New Year's sentiments, so I cut these using my Slice Words & Expressions Holiday card.  A few gems and  little organdy, and this banner was ready to hang in my living room!  I do want to give you another tip.  When making something like this, cut out extra numbers.  I cut numbers for the next six years (4 through 9), so that I can use this banner again and again.

I love visiting you when you play along!  You always inspire me greatly!  For this challenge, you are playing for this great prize:



I am entering this into the following challenges:

17 comments:

Laurel said...

This is just wonderful!

ScrappyHappyMommy said...

Brenda, so elegant and PERFECT for New Years! I LOVE the glitter and sparkle but especially love the music background stamp. I'm going to have to add that stamp to my collection!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

What a fabulous banner! I love all that sparkle and glimmer! Perfect for New Year's!

Stacey

Migdalia said...

A very pretty banner!!Just lovely!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia

Wild Bluebonnets said...

Lovely as always!

Laurian said...

Beautiful New Year Banner! Thanks for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu this week and I hope you'll join us again soon!

Hugs

Laurian

canadian_liner said...

Elegant, sparkly and fun! What a great project! And excellent idea to prepare extra numbers for the upcoming years... Thanks for joining the glitter gals at H2H this week!

Jen said...

LOVE this!! Love your music papers and the sparkly letters with the black and gold ribbon tied through the banner. Very appropriate for New Years!! I am inspired!!

Jen
http://scrapinexpecttheunexpected.blogspot.com/

Sherrie K. said...

WOW!!! What a fabulous banner!! Love the music papers and the liquid glass and glitter on the letters:) Sop sparkly and festive! Love this!
Thanks so much for joining in the challenge at DTC!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
DTC-Guest Designer

Aim said...

Oh wow -- this is soooooo FABULOUS!! I love the way you did the background stamps and all the GLITTER!! A banner for the New Year is a PERFECT holiday decoration -- Bet your guests and visitors will LOVE it!! :)

Thanks so much for decorating your celebrations at the Decorate To Celebrate! Challenge Blog!

BIG HUGS,
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
and Decorate To Celebrate!

Norma said...

WOW! this banner is so FABULOUS to ring up the New Year!! Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate!!!
Hugs,
Norma

Janis Lewis said...

Very pretty. Love the music paper. :) Janis

Kimberly J. said...

Brenda, this is so pretty! I love the idea of being able to use it year after year!! The glitter is so amazing!! :) Great Job!

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the beautiful design!! Thanks so much for playing along at Decorate to Celebrate!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Decorate to Celebrate DT

Karen said...

Very pretty banner! Love all the glitter you added! :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

Shirley Ross, rockin' heARTist said...

Beautiful banner, love the elegant colors and the bling! Thanks for joining us at H2H

Carol's Creations said...

Visiting from DTC and this is a gorgeous banner to ring in the new year!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...