Sunday, November 11, 2012

Families

I taught a class this afternoon (it was so much fun!), and I had some time this evening after I prepped for tomorrow evening's class.  I was actually yearning to create something pretty for no good reason.  Sassy was meowing like crazy because she thinks when it's dark I need to go down to the family room.  But I powered through all that noise and distraction simply because I had to feed that yearning within my soul.  Those of you that know me well must know that I pulled out some Florentine paper.  Along with that I used Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #83.


There is something so soothing to me about the patterns and colors in this paper.  It's hard to photograph, but I used a clear card for this.  The print and sentiment (Family Love stamp set) are on the inside, and the ribbon and embellishments are on the outside.


It brings me great joy to cluster and embellish.  There is nothing better than taking a bunch of matching supplies and putting them all together in a wonderful way.  What a blessing it is to be a paper crafter!

I am also going to enter this into the flourish challenge at Come and Get It.

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Truly beautiful! Love your cluster of pretties on this card.

Unknown said...

This card is great! I am so going to have to take out my clear cards and do something with them.

Laurel said...

This is just so stunning!

Unknown said...

You certainly did put them all together in a wonderful way! BEAUTIFUL!

Lynnae said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

So pretty!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Totally darling card, love the mix of colours/embellishments!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...