Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Just Beecause

My second post for the day - that's a good day in my book!  

I saw the inspiration photo at Inspired By


and the sketch from Mojo Monday


and I knew exactly what I wanted to do! 


The floor in the Inspired By photo reminded me of bees, so I knew I had to pull out my Pun Fun stamp set.  I had some scraps left from the Spellbound WOTG - I love these black polka dots!!  I think they work wonderfully with cranberry and a touch of honey.

It was triple the challenge fun when I found one little piece of black embroidery floss to create the bow.  That  fits the challenge at Shopping Our Stash (Odds & Ends Waiting to Be Used).  It may be the time when we are needing to create Christmas cards, but I love this little bee!  It's also a pretty simple card that lets the paper and stamp speak for itself.

Speaking of Christmas cards, I haven't designed mine yet.  Yikes!  I'm not usually last minute, but this really crept on my quickly!!  I hope I am not the only one feeling like that!  Thanks for visiting today!

7 comments:

Laurel said...

How adorably cute!

lauren bergold said...

absolutely LOVING THIS just "beeeeeee cause" it is sooooo clever & adorable! also a brilliant use of that tiny piece of floss--well salvaged, there!!! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH of "odds & ends" with us this week! ♥

Casandra Bennett said...

Great way to combine the 2 challenges!

Unknown said...

LOVE your take on the sketch. I'm a sucker for black and red, and of course polka dots!

Becca-expressions said...

Oh...how CUTE!!! Love black, white and red anyway, but that pop of yellow just makes me smile.

Jessi Fogan said...

Now that's adorable! I made a bee card last week too - sometimes you just need a quick break from holiday crafting ;) I love Shopping our Stash so much BECAUSE of course I never throw away anything, even tiny pieces of embroidery floss! Thank you so much for using your Odds & Ends with us!

Marg Van Patten said...

Great way to combine a sketch and a photo inspiration! That is one fun stamp set to work with. Nice use of Spellbound scraps too!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...