Tuesday, November 27, 2012

This & That

That's the name of the paper I used for this layout - This & That Christmas from Echo Park.  I wanted to enter their Christmas project challenge, and I really liked the ruby red in this snowflake paper.


I cannot believe that this unbelievably cute picture was taken 20 years ago.  I do not know where time goes or how Shane grew up so fast.  I tend to get a little nostalgic around Christmas, so I like to pull out his "little boy photos" to scrap.  I am glad that I have never been a chronological scrapper because that means I get to pull out these memories and think on them while I am scrapping.  I think I feel this way around the holidays because holidays change so much when children grow up.  It becomes less about the presents and more about our faith and family time.  There is not one present in the world that can match precious time we spend with loved ones.

The twine is from My Mind's Eye, but otherwise all the embellishment is from the This & That collection.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful brenda. That paper is gorgeous too! What a cute, Happy little guy :)

Casandra Bennett said...

Awe.....this is so precious. What a cutie! And all grown up now? Christmas, for me, has always been about family, but I love the giving part. I often forget that I'm supposed to open mine, because I get so much joy out of watching my family open their's. :) Happy Holidays!

Lynn said...

I just love that photo of your son, and you used the EP collection beautifully. I don't scrap in order either, and love to take out some baby photos of my kids too. Have a wonderful day!!!

Lynn said...

Adorable photo and layout. I just love it!

Dana Paper Memories4u said...

Such a cute little guy you have :) And I LOVE the red snowflake paper you used. You did a great job Brenda.

Marg Van Patten said...

Totally understand about getting nostalgic this time of year. I love that you visit your photo stash and pull out photos that bring back memories. Your love of family and papercrafting really shine on this page.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...