Thursday, November 22, 2012

May You Have a Blessed Thanksgiving


It is a tradition of mine to share this beautiful poem/prayer every Thanksgiving...

Thanksgiving Day Prayer

Lord, so often times, as any other day
When we sit down to our meal and pray
We hurry along and make fast the blessing
Thanks. Amen. Now please pass the dressing.
But Lord, I'd like to take a few minute more
To really give thanks for what I'm thankful for.

For my family, my health, a nice soft bed
My friends, my freedom, a roof over my head.
I'm thankful right now to be surrounded by those
Whose lives touch me more than they'll ever possibly know.

Thankful, dear Lord, that You've blessed me beyond measure
Thankful that within my heart lives life's greatest treasure.
Thank you, dear Jesus, as you reside in that place
And I'm ever so grateful for Your unending grace.

So please, heavenly Father, bless this food You've provided
And bless each and every person that we have invited.
Amen! - by Scott Wesemann



Don't forget to stop this weekend for my Rose Blossom team blog hop! 
 I've been getting sneak peeks, and you are going to be inspired!!

3 comments:

Dawnll said...

Happy Thanksgiving sweetie! A blessed day for you and your family.

Lynn said...

Beautiful poem! So is the centerpiece. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. I am thankful to part of your team!

Lynnae said...

Very beautiful, life is so full of Blessings! Thank you for sharing, as you are a Blessing to me and so many others!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...