Friday, November 23, 2012

Rose Blossom Christmas Blog Hop


I am so glad that you took time out of your holiday to visit today!  If you are at my blog first, I want to invite you to start at the beginning and visit the other 6 blogs in the hop.  My Rose Blossom team has been working so hard on their projects, and I know you are going to be inspired!  Be sure to read on for the blog hop rules!

Here is the blog hop order:
(Just click on the first one and then you will be led to the next!)

Marg 
Brenda (that's me and you are here!)

Ok, let me show you the project I made for the hop.  It's one of my favorite My Creations items - the card box.  It's so affordable at $4.95, and it makes a great piece on a table or a wonderful gift.




I have used just a few items to complete the box.  They are Pear & Partridge paper, Holiday Dimensional Elements, and Antiqued Gold Mini Medleys.  The banner from the dimensional elements is the perfect size for this box.  I cut the fasteners off the Antiqued Gold brads, and used glue dots to adhere the tops of the brads to the banner.



The top was really fun to make!   I cut a fancy border on the Artiste and then layered that with a piece of dark chocolate striped grosgrain.  From there, I created a yo-yo flower using the Artiste cartridge.  The scalloped circle is another dimensional element, and I've finished it off with red gems, an antiqued gold button, and a bow made of bamboo Waxy Flax.  Do you see those antiqued gold flourishes?  They are super easy to bend. so I can add even more dimension to projects!  Oh yes, there's sparkle!  I added some Almond Glitz Glitter Gel to the folds of the yo-yo flower.  I think this will be a lovely addition to Christmas decorations, and it will be a great place for those wonderful Christmas letters we receive!

Now, on to the blog hop rules!
  • Comment on and follow all seven blogs to be eligible for the grand prize!  That's it!!  
You've got all weekend to hop, and I will be drawing the grand prize winner on Monday.  Speaking of the prize, here is what you have the opportunity to win.  It's a stamp set and metallic marker package that is valued at almost $40!


I hope you have fun along the way.  I know that I sure enjoyed seeing everyone's work!  I have one talented bunch of Rose Blossoms!!

And because I love the fun of it all, too, I'll be entering this box into the following challenges:

41 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful!! I love everything about it!!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

What a wonderful project! Thanks for offering such a fabulous stamp set and markers. Have a wonderful holiday season!

Laurel said...

What a stunning project!

Peggy Lee said...

yes just beautiful, love your style of eye candy....

Mary said...

I have made so many of these boxes but had not thought of making a Christmas theme. Thanks for inspiring me. It is beautiful!

Wild Bluebonnets said...

You never cease to amaze me, Brenda! I love it!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Brenda, your box is so pretty! I just finished hopping and all I can say is wow! You have a fabulous team, so much creativity! This was a great hop!

Stacey
http://staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

Lynn said...

Stunning. I just love how you put all this together. You have inspired me to make some of those accordian fold medallions. I also have one of these boxes just waiting to be transformed. I think I'll be using some of you awesome ideas.

Marg Van Patten said...

Stunning! You have such a knack for layering elements and bringing color and textures together. This one has a spot on my "Brenda Rose Top 10" list!

Lynnae said...

Love the blog hop! So much creativity! Thank you for sharing!

JoAnn Ruff said...

I'm amazed at your creativity and style. Beautiful creation Brenda.

Gina Brandstetter said...

Beautiful!

Jeanie B said...

Love the yoyo flower!

Jeanie B said...

Great Hop Brenda - lot's of talented ladies on your team! I'm CASE-ing all their ideas! LOL

Unknown said...

This is my first time doing a blog hop. It was great fun as I love to see how creative people are and the things that they design. They were all really wonderful and imaginative.
Love your box Brenda. As always....you ROCK and I am so glad that I met you and Close to My Heart.

Alyson Mayo said...

What a gorgeous box - I am just going to have to lift this, with your permission , of course! I can't wait to see what is ahead. If you are the coach of the women whose artwork I am about to see, I can only imagine what they came up with!
So, excited hopping away I go...

Stacy H-W said...

Gorgeous project Brenda!! All of the team has really outdone themselves. I had fun hopping along.

Unknown said...

I just love this box! Your artwork is always amazing.

Jody Spiegelhoff said...

Oh my, amazing! I have another gift idea now! I already follow you :) I'm so glad I'm done shopping... For now anyway

Unknown said...

I love this box. Such a good idea to have a box for cards/letters. I have a card holder with open sides; I can't tell you how many times I have to pick them all up and put them back. This will be a perfect fix for me. Can't wait to try some of the yo yo flowers.

Kathy said...

I just love your box!!!!You always seem to get it perfect!!!!

Kim Hill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim Hill said...

So beautiful, Brenda! (I think it would be best packed with fudge...just sayin'...) :D I so enjoy your style!

Linda said...

Love the beautiful box!

Unknown said...

very pretty!

robin

Sara Zeller said...

This is such a lovely box. I was so excited to get on today and wee what everyone created. I am alway inspired by your beautiful creations.

Karen said...

Brenda, you are such an amazing artist and this team blog hop has been great fun!! Thanks for sharing with all of us!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous box. Now I'm off to see the rest of the creations on the hop!

Lorraine A said...

Beautifully decorated box Brenda :-) all the details are fabulous !! :-)

thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Annette said...

Wow, this is stunning. The folder flower on the top is gorgeous too.
Annette
Netty's Cards
Proud to design for ABC Christmas Challenge.
xx


Kimberly J. said...

Wow Brenda!! Gorgeous Box! I love the details and the cute little banner on the side! :) I hope you had a wonderful Holiday! :)
Kimberly

Joyce said...

Brenda, thank you for inviting me to your teams hop. I enjoyed everyone's beautiful artwork. stamping hugs, joyce

Cherrie said...

This box is gorgeous! It reminds me of days when I was all into the Victorian decor. These days it's more country but I'd love to have this box sitting on my coffee table anyway! And... I think I have everything I need to make it today! Thanks, Brenda!

TinaGAle said...

Your box is simply stunninG. I can't wait to try and make something like it
Tina

Cherrie said...

Visited all the blogs and had to leave another comment for ALL of you... There's a lot of talent in your group! I'm a CTMH newbie and due to demanding job, haven't had a whole lot of time to make things. Today is my day to get in the craft room and have fun and this blog hop has truly been an inspiration to me! Thanks, Rose, for the invitation. I'll be checking back with all of you to see what you come up with next. Thanks, again.

Arlene Bonsma said...

Beautiful card box, a great gift for someone special. Thank you for sharing.

Dana Paper Memories4u said...

Brenda, you always do such amazing work. Love all the embellishments on the box. It makes it extra special. Dana

Anonymous said...

Fabulous box love your rosette too! love how you added the glitter to it, Thanks for Playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge, Samantha :0)

craftyb said...

Such a beautiful project - so festive! Thanks for sharing at Crafty Creations Challenges! bx

Merkkublogi said...

So so lovely project!
A very beautiful box!
Thank you for joining us at the It's All About the Vintage & Beauty- challenge.
Hugs Merkku

Nancy Ball said...

What a great project. Thanks for playing along at H2H.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...