Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Very Merry Christmas

I had a little time this morning to continue on my quest to make more Christmas cards.  I found the color inspiration from Color Throwdown:


and the sketch from The House That Stamps Built:


I challenged myself further to create this card with just cardstock, so this is what I came up with:

I used a Darice embossing folder to run the olive cardstock through my Cuttlebug.    It's very easy to take the emery board from our sanding kit to lightly run across the raised snowflakes to bring out the white core and add the depth.  Because I sanded those, I felt like all of the other pieces to the card need sanding on the edges.  In the end, I thought it gave a nice appearance of snow.  I wish you could see the sparkle of the bitty gems in the middle of the snowflakes!

I hope that you are having a wonderfully crafty December!

6 comments:

Casandra Bennett said...

Very cute. I just love embossing. I find that I almost use my Cuttlebug more, these days. ;)

Gina Brandstetter said...

This is GORGEOUS!!I especially love how you did your flower.

Lynn said...

Simple and oh so sweet! thanks for inspiring me to dust off my Cuttlebug.

Lynnae said...

Very pretty

lada_vl said...

Fine colour solution! Beautiful card!

Wanda Cullen said...

Brenda, your layered flower is gorgeous with this layout! Love your use of the colors and so glad you were able to play along with us at Color Throwdown!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...