Saturday, December 8, 2012

Bonjour

Happy Weekend!  I hope that you are having a great weekend so far.  I found this sketch at Deconstructed Sketches and thought it was a great challenge!  It has a lot of layers and that is always fun.


I decided on using a clear card so that some of the layers are on the inside and some on the outside.


I should have taken a picture from the side so that you could see more easily that the only things on the outside of the card are the tag and tulle.  Otherwise everything is on the inside.  I love the look of clear cards, and if you do, watch for my January card kit at the end of December.  I'll teach you all about how to create them quickly and easily in that kit!

I used Avonlea and the Bonjour stamp set on this card.  I've shown in this card why you save your scraps of tulle and rosette ribbon.  I throw away a lot of scraps of paper, but I always save bits of ribbon!

I have been so happy to be in my craft room today.  I had surgery on Thursday afternoon, and one day of sitting around doing nothing was plenty for me!  My husband would tell you that I am not a very good patient, and he would be right.  I had my gall bladder taken out - thank goodness! If you have ever had gall bladder problems, you know just what I am talking about.  I am so blessed to have the type of job that allows me to work but still heal at the same time.  Truth be told, there is great healing power in paper, stamps, and ink!

Thanks for stopping in and have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Love this layered card! Glad to read that you are feeling well enough to create!

Casandra Bennett said...

Ooh la la, that's fancy! Love it. :)

Jen Shults said...

Oooh, this is very pretty and elegant. I love the big bow you made! Thanks for joining us at the Deconstructed Sketch!

Lela said...

Brenda, your card is lovely. I really like the clear acrylic cards, glad I stocked up. You did great with the sketch. Glad to hear you're back in your Craft Space. I had my Gall Bladder out last summer and was very glad those issues were gone! You will be too

Marg Van Patten said...

As I recall ... you weren't so sure if you'd be using that Bonjour stamp set when you saw it in Dallas. Well done Brenda! And you are so right about the healing power of stamps, ink, and paper! Good to know you are on the raod to recovery.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...