Thursday, December 27, 2012

Back in the Saddle Again

I've had a wonderful day of crafting today.  I got a two-page layout done that finished off my book for 2011.  Yes, I am a year behind...but actually I have several years to do before 2004.  2004 was when I started doing a yearly book.  I am not very good at keeping up with a year because I'm just not a chronological scrapper.  Once in a while a year gets finished, and that's what I did today.  After I was finished with that, I moved on to the Mojo Monday sketch, and this is what I came up with:


I so seldom use Dakota, so it was great fun to work with the colors in the paper packet - Slate, Pacifica, and Barn Red.  A few embellishments along with the paper, and this card was done!

I hope you are enjoying this time between Christmas and New Year's.  Be sure to take some time for yourself to re-charge!

Pin It

11 comments:

wilwarine said...

nice card, I love the papers, the twine and the star.

Allisa said...

Love!

Teresa Kline said...

this is a stunner...wow...fabulous color combo!

enjoy *~*

Unknown said...

This is one of my favorite Brenda cards ever. It's so funny that when I step out of my comfort zone and use papers, colors and shapes that are a stretch for me it seems I get the most comments. I think it's great to do something "new" for us once in a while. This is beautiful art!

Lynn said...

What a great card. I really like how you centered that medallion shape from the patterned paper. That star really sets off this card.

Carol Loftus said...

I LOVE your card!!!!!!!! So cute!

Unknown said...

Of course I love this card. I really like all of the paper layers.

Casandra Bennett said...

Awesome card! That paper is perfect for that sketch! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh my word! This is just such a strikingly beautiful card. So fabulous! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Pam Korn-Eigenheer said...

LOVE THIS! Great job!

Marg Van Patten said...

You rocked Dakota!! Isn't it crazy what happens when we wonder outside the box? I really LOVE this card!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...