Saturday, December 29, 2012

Over the Moon

I found a lovely sketch over at Stuck on You sketches, and I had to sit down and give it a try this afternoon.


This sketch was perfect for a Valentine's card that I've been thinking about creating. (Don't laugh - you think about cards, too!)

I pulled out my Avonlea paper packet for this card.  That teal is so pretty, so I ran a piece of it through a script embossing folder to give it a little more depth.  Of course, everything had to be sponged with Slate ink.  The stamp set I used is the January 2012 Stamp of the Month.  One of my favorites for sure and if you have this one in your stash, you may want to pull it out to remember it.  I added a few key embellishments - black tulle, grey sparkles, shimmer trim, and some Maya Road trinket pins.

Keep watching for the next couple of days because I am going to tell you a tiny little bit about the new Spring/Summer Idea Book that goes live on February 1st, 2013.  I'll let you know how you can order during the month of January and get a free gift, too!  Are you intrigued?  Don't forget to stop back!

Pin It

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your card and how it comes alive with the moon in the background! I'm so happy to see you playing along at SOUS!! :)

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card. I love the Avonlea paper. I would never have thought to put the black tulle with it but it is striking!

Marg Van Patten said...

Gorgeuos card!! That SOTM is a favorite of mine as well.

Erica Ortiz said...

Ooooh..love the tulle you used! Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

Unknown said...

How beautiful is this card Brenda. My gosh, it mirrors the sketch nearly perfectly - I love it. The black tulle and trinket pins finish it to perfection. Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...