Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Friendship

Do you know that it's just 

3. More. Sleeps.

until my husband and I leave for the Southern Caribbean cruise?!  

I am not packed (I have always been a "last day" packer).
I don't have my documents printed yet (but I did register us, so it's just a matter of hitting the "print" button).

Instead, I am in my craft room just enjoying some time creating!

Heart 2 Heart has a fancy fold challenge going on, and I was so happy to see that!  I have been thinking about the Joy Fold card lately, and this prompted me to finally sit down and put one together.  I haven't made one of these in years, and I don't know why.  They are so pretty!  


I think the best thing about this card is the ribbon.  I've used Color-Ready Seam Binding and colored it with a Sorbet Alcohol Marker.  Oh, Sorbet is such a pretty color for spring!  The next photo will help you see what it looks like when it's opened.  The paper is just so lovely!


Lest you be worried about me, I really have been preparing for our upcoming cruise!

My hair has been cut and colored.
I've been tanning for a couple of weeks.
Mani-Pedi appointment for Friday afternoon.
My fancy dresses and shoes have been purchased for formal night (and are they ever fancy!).
The house sitter, dog sitter, cat sitter are in place.
And I am over-the-top-cannot-wait-to-get-on-that-ship excited!!

Watch for my post tomorrow because you are going to love my personal special!  
It's just my way of saying a 

BIG. THANK. YOU.

for the part you played in helping me earn the cruise!!

Items used on this card:
  • X7156B   Clementine Paper
  • X7156C   Clementine Canvas Shapes
  • Z1794      Cottage Assortment
  • Z2407      Sorbet Alcohol Marker
  • Z1732      Color Ready Seam Binding Ribbon
  • Z1369      Sorbet Buttons

Pin It

9 comments:

Lynn said...

What a beautiful card, so many pretty details. I just love using that seam-binding now that I got the hang of coloring it.

Anonymous said...

Pretty card... I'm still trying to figure out how to do it. Usually I can see things like this in 3D, so I've been studying this one!

Anonymous said...

Didn't mean to send that anonymously... can't figure out what profile I am... Kathy Busby

giovanna said...

It's a very beautiful card, very pretty the composition!
Gio'

Lynnae said...

Love them! Enjoy your trip!

Kim Hill said...

This is so pretty, Brenda! Have fun on the cruise!

Hansi Brittain said...

Hey, you have your priorities! If you forget to pack something, you can buy it later, but heaven forbid you appear with roots or ugly feet, lol! I'm from the South. I get it. Your card is lovely! It took me a minute to figure out how you did it. I am going to have to give that layout a try. Have a great time!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

I love your fancy fold card, Brenda! I do need to figure it out first, lol. Turned out beautiful! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...