Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Picture Perfect


During the past couple of days, I have been organizing albums and I came across this layout that I made and posted a couple of years ago.  The simplicity of it makes me happy.

But the post today is not about artwork.  It's about being a parent and loving our children through all things.  No matter what.  God bestows so much grace upon each and every one of us each day, and it's a fine example of how we need to parent - with grace.  

Shane is having some hard days, and it is a struggle for me to watch him struggle.  We work so hard in our child's growing years to make sure that they don't hurt or suffer any pain.  I know there are other mamas out there who's claws come out really quickly when it comes to their children.  Now that Shane is an adult, it's even harder because the "mean kids" and "bullies" are really life's lessons.  I have no way to really help him.

But what I can do is pray.  And I can give him to the One who can hold him wherever he is and no matter what he is going through.  I can surrender him to the Father and let Him be the parent.  I am grateful for my faith, and I am grateful that I can lean on God in a way that can give me peace through a storm.

Thank you for stopping by and reading my ramblings today.  May your day be blessed!

Pin It

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Brenda, your post made me tear up. You are a very wise lady and shane is so blessed to have a mama like you. Praying for God's comfort. Hugs to you.

Lynn said...

So sweet. Praying for you and your family.

Unknown said...

I'll be praying right along with you Brenda! Thanks for sharing your layout and wonderful words.

Unknown said...

Brenda, Shane is very fortunate to have you and Jerry as parents. I wish I were there to give you a BIG hug. You are in my prayers. This layout is so sweet. When things are tough, it's so much comfort to me to look back on my children when they were small and things were simple. Love you!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...