Friday, February 15, 2013

Rose Blossom Blog Hop!

I am super excited that you are joining the Rose Blossoms Blog Hop!  I so love the creativity in my team, and they all have so much to share with you.  If you like what you see along the way, I encourage you to follow each one of these gals so that you can be continually inspired!

We are using new product from the 2013 Spring/Summer Idea Book in this hop.  By the time you've hopped all the blogs, you will have seen all the new papers!  Be sure to scroll down after my project so that you can see the rules and find your way to all the blogs.


I was over-the-top thrilled  when I Close To My Heart introduced canvas displays in this Idea Book.  They are the perfect size for a table top at 6"x6" or you can easily group them together to make a complete wall hanging.  The price is only $4.95 for a blank canvas, so it's also an affordable gift!

Let me tell you about how I created this piece for you.  I gathered my spray pen and filled it halfway with water and added three drops of hollyhock re-inker.  When you are using your spray pen, a good rule of thumb is to add just a drop or two of re-inker, test it, and then add one drop more a time until you achieve the shade you'd like.

When you mist your canvas, it dries relatively quickly.  I set mine aside while I made my Cricut cuts.  I cut the tag, flowers, and leaves using the Claire paper packet and the Art Philosophy cartridge.  I've used two stamp sets - February Stamp of the Month, Home Sweet Home, for the sentiment and Girls Rock for the flowers and leaves.  What do you think of the pink glitter gems?  I love them!  The wooden flourish is from Mini Medley Wooden Collection.  Another gem in the Idea Book is the Outdoor Denim Chevron Ribbon.  All of these colors are gorgeous together!

Ok, here's how Blog Hop works.  I am the last stop on the hop, so you are going to want to start at the beginning at Lynn's blog.  At each blog, you are going to collect a word and then you will put the completed sentence in my comments.  Sound like fun?

My word is TEAM.

Should you get lost along the way, here are the blogs you'll be hopping:



Marg 
Brenda - you are here!!


Don't worry, my comments are hidden for the hop, so there can't be any cheating!  When you comment with the sentence, you will be entered into the grand prize drawing for a Buzz and Bumble Paper Packet and the coordinating Honeycomb Stamp Set.  Have fun hopping!  Don't forget to check back with me on Monday to see if you are a winner!!

Pin It

33 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous as always brenda! I admire your creations so much! It's so refreshing and just speaks spring to me! Thank you for being such a wonderful leader!

Unknown said...

WOW! It looks like a beautiful bunch of flowers. Looks like you are ready for spring. This is beautiful!

Kristine Porter said...

Your canvas is breathtaking! Love, love, love it!! Really beautiful...

Wild Bluebonnets said...

So very pretty!

Deb Fortin said...

Love the small size of these canvasses. what a great team of ladies you have, so creative.
my answer to the blog hop is "spring and summer paper projects with the Rose blossom team".

Wild Bluebonnets said...

I need to take a class on clustering! You inspire me!

Cindy said...

Love all the projects....

Spring and Summer paper projects with the Rose Blossom Team

Marg Van Patten said...

What a lovely breath of freshness on a cold winter day! This is one beautiful piece and I love how you share your process ... especially when you are using multiple techiniques and products. Thanks for inspiring those of us on your team as well as so many others in the papercrafting world! Hats off to you!

Lynnae said...

Very beautiful

Lynnae said...

Hello spring and summer hop with the rose blossom team!

Kim Hill said...

This is so GORGEOUS Brenda! It just makes me smile! I'm definitely going to do the spray pen technique. It creates the perfect subtle background. I hope you've entered this with HO to teach at convention! (I'm all over that class if you do!) :D

Julie said...

Everyone's projects were amazing. You have given me great ideas for the canvases now too:) The sentence is: Spring and summer paper projects with the Rose Blossom Team.

Karen Day said...

Wow, wow, and one more time, wow! Brenda, this is just stunning :o)

Patti said...

I was sitting on the fence with this canvas display but you've once again made it into something I want in my house. Beautiful work.
Patti

Melisa c said...

Spring and summer paper projects with the rose blossom team! Love the canvas thanks for the inspiration and the link to the others they're gonna be bookmarked, you guys make a great team.

amarberg01 said...

Spring and Summer Paper projects with the rose blossom team

Cindeeblogger said...

Spring and summer paper projects with the rose blossom team!!!

PaperDragonFleur said...

Wonderful blog hop! Lots of wonderful projects and inspiration. The sentence for the draw is "Spring and Summer Paper Projects with The Rose Blossom Team"

Michelle Stewart said...

Spring and Summer Paper Projects with the Rose Blossom Team......that was a fun way to ensure that everyone actually goes throught entire blog hop........please tell your team that I really enjoyed all their projects, I would love to leave comments on all their blogs, but it's bed time in my household now, and I have 3 sleepy children to put to bed. Thank you.

Your Canadain Consultant, Michelle.

Lynn said...

Beautiful canvas. I love the use of the ribbon, sliding thru the slots. It looks so pretty with those colors and flowers. Great inspiration!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to get the canvas now! Great project Brenda! Thanks for being such an inspiration!

Jen Thalmann said...

Spring and summer paper projects with the Rose Blossom Team.

Sara Zeller said...

I am always so inspired by your projects. This canvas is beautiful Brenda! You always know the right amount of clustering to do with each project. I love the colors and that ribbon. I just bought some and I cant wait to use it. Thank you for being such a wonderful leader to us "buds".

Becky :o) said...

Spring and Summer paper projects with the Rose Blossom team! :-)

Excellent work, ladies! Thank you!
Becky

Unknown said...

What a great gift idea!! You are right, it is beautiful enough to stand alone. I never knew how to use the spray pens. Thank you for the instruction. I'm definitely going to get one and try this. Thank you for sharing

Unknown said...

Love your canvas! What a fun hop!

Unknown said...

Spring and summer paper projects with the Rose Blossom Team.

I love this....the flowers make me realize that spring is on the way. This is so refreshing. Loved the Blog Hop!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun hop! What great inspiration! Comment: "Spring and summer paper projects with the rose blossom team."

Mary Anne said...

I love this canvas. I am a frequent visitor to your blog. I love to see each creation you make. They blog hop was fun. Lots of great new ideas for the new paper packs. Thanks.
Spring and summer paper projects with Rose Blossom team.

Susan Bennett said...

Spring and Summer paper project with the Rose Blossom team.

Cute blog - lots of fun projects!

Sherri said...

Spring and summer paper projects with the rose blossom team


Hope I win!
Sherri

Angela said...

That was fun! I never did a blog hop before!
I think the sentence should read:
Spring and Summer projects with the Rose Blossom Team!

Thanks for the opportunity and looking forward to following everyone's blogs.

-- Angela

Chasn Paper said...

Great Blog Hop! Sorry I missed out,but I got some good ideas from the "Spring and Summer paper projects with the Rose Blossom Team"!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...