Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Best Things in Life...

I found a lovely sketch over at Cardabilities, and I decided to challenge myself a little further with the lovely pinks of Chantilly.


The pink polka dot strip and sentiment tag are from the Chantilly Dimensional Elements.  They were perfect for this design.  I cut the background scalloped circle with the Art Philosophy cartridge, and I cut the lacy butterfly with the Artiste cartridge.  The butterfly is the same cut as the wooden butterfly behind, and I added the artisan stud in the middle of the butterfly.  My favorite element is the pretty hollyhock zipper lace.  Many people have asked me about the zipper lace and how to cut it.  I think it's very easy to cut because there is room between the teeth.  I just use my micro-tip scissors, and there is no problem at all!

Thanks for stopping by today!


Pin It

6 comments:

Sara Zeller said...

Very very pretty Brenda! I love the clustering. I hope to find some time to craft this weekend. Your zipper lace has just inspired me to pull it out and use it. Thanks for sharing this lovely card.

Unknown said...

SO pretty. This paper pack just makes me happy.

Marg Van Patten said...

Beautiful! I just love how your ability to cluster. Are we seeing more pink creations from you lately? .... I think Chantilly agrees with you!

Unknown said...

I love this card Brenda! I agree with Karen, Chantilly makes me happy!

Lynn said...

Oh Brenda this is so pretty. I couldn't wait to see your card after you left that little teaser on my comments. I think you are warming up to pink! Your cluster is lovely. I'm going to have to get some of that zipper lace now.

Kristine Porter said...

Love your card!! So pretty! :)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...