Sunday, March 10, 2013

Simple Pleasures

Every month, I pose a challenge to my team members.  If they take the challenge, they get a handmade stamp of the month from me for the next month.  A great deal of fun stepping outside the box that yields a business building card!  Well, what kind of leader would I be if I didn't take the challenge?  So that's what I am bringing you today!

This month, I asked my team members to create any type of project using just four colors - Gypsy, Honey, Pear, and White Daisy.  Absolutely no other colors.  So this was a challenge - even for me - but it was fun!


This is a box cut from the "Be Mine" key on the Artiste cartridge (page 71).  I don't know if you can see it, but I've painted the box and white flowers with Create-a-Shade Pearl Paint.  Have you ever worked with that?  Every time I bring it out, I think of what a great (and affordable) product it is.  I've used it white, but you can mix any re-inker with it to make it any color you'd like!


Okay, back to the box.  The flowers and leaves are also cut from the Artiste using the "F" key (page 54).  I colored Color Ready Ribbon with with a Gypsy marker (oh, how easy is that?!).  The sentiment is from the Love life stamp set, and I've added some retired pear and honey embellishments.  Really, this box was very quick and easy!

Be sure to come back tomorrow for a very special announcement!!
Pin It

9 comments:

Laurel said...

This is so pretty! Wow!

Lynn said...

Lovely and so springy! Gotta get me some "Gypsy"!

Unknown said...

I love, love, love create a shade. This box is cute as can be! Love those four color choices....great challenge for us!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Sara Zeller said...

Very pretty! I love the flowers and how you have them clustered. I found it very challenging using four colors but they sure compliment each other nicely. It was a good challenge for me.

Sara Zeller said...

Very pretty! I love the flowers and how you have them clustered. I found it very challenging using four colors but they sure compliment each other nicely. It was a good challenge for me.

Sara Zeller said...

Did you decide you couldn't hoard the medleys any longer?? :)

Unknown said...

Those embellishments worked great with those flowers. Another great project.

Unknown said...

Makes me so happy!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, brenda! So fresh looking!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...