Friday, March 22, 2013

Spring

So the calendar says it's Spring.  But we are really stuck in winter here in Minnesota.  So I went looking forward a Spring challenge, and I found Laurel's photo challenge at Inspired By:


Those of you that know me well, know that I am not a "pink girl."  But I loved the base of pink and rolled flowers in this photo.


This is what I came up with up using a My Creations Block.  I love these little cubes!  They measure 3x3 and are fast and easy to decorate.  I use Bonding Memories Broad Tip Glue Pen to adhere the paper to the block, and then I use Liquid Glass to attach the embellishments.  It makes a nice piece of decor for your desk, shelf, or kitchen cupboard.

Other items I used are Dark Chocolate Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Hollyhock Zipper Lace, Pink Glitter Gems, Chantilly Paper, Chantilly Dimensional Elements, Chantilly Fabric Buttons, and the Artiste cartridge to cut the flowers.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope this little piece brought some Spring into your day!

Pin It

8 comments:

amcgrew said...

THis is so, so adorable! LOVE it!
Do you think my kid's club could crete something like this? they are ages 7-13?

Karen Day said...

Gorgeous project, Brenda! I'm playing along this week, too... I loved her inspiration photo!

Marg Van Patten said...

Yes! You brought Spring my way today ... thanks! (you always do a great job with pink when the color inspires you!)

Unknown said...

Super cute! I love those flowers with that ribbon.

Kim Hill said...

This is so beautiful, Brenda!

dstandard said...

WOW this is just beautiful - love it!

Lynn said...

Such a lovely spring decor item. Sweet!

Unknown said...

Darling! Good for you for stepping out of your color comfort zone. I need to do it more often myself. For me, it's purple.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...