Monday, April 8, 2013

Grenada

I haven't had the opportunity to scrap many of our cruise photos yet.   So I set everything aside this afternoon and decided to get a start.  I found a sketch at Sketchabilities that I used as a jumping point.  It stretched me just a little, and it was truly a joy to spend that time just putzing over paper.


Grenada was our favorite port on the cruise, and this day will long hold in our memory.  This is BEAUTIFUL paper, and it's called Dream Pop.  I wish I could tell you where to order it, but it's Close To My Heart's National Scrapbooking Day special, and it will be available May 1st.  I was so excited to get it on Saturday!  The chevron paper is actually all grey, but the stripes are embossed.  All I did was ink it to add the juniper color.  WOW - do I love that!!  You're just seeing the tip of the iceberg here.  There are 12 sheets of printed paper and 12 exclusive cardstock colors.  All for $10 with a $35 purchase - I am excited about this one!!



Some of the other items I've used are Trinket Wooden Shapes, Slate Washi Tape, Bitty Sparkles, Grey Wool Twine, and the Classmate Alphabet stamps set.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I am off to pop this layout in an album!

Pin It

6 comments:

Wendy Coffman said...

Gorgeous, Brenda! It's not at all how I imagined the paper. I love how you altered it with the Juniper ink, and the casual beachy feel of your layout!

Unknown said...

I'm adding this to my 'All-Time-Brenda-Faves' list. ;O)

Crystal Schneider said...

Very pretty colors. Thank you for joining us at Sketchabilities.

Cherished said...

Sweet Page! Thanks for joining us at Sketchabilities.

Meihsia Liu said...

What a fabulous page, Brenda. I love the beautiful chevron background paper and pretty colors of this layout. You two really look lovely in the photo. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Sketchabilities. ^_^

Shinobu Hiramatsu said...

Sweet page and colours!! Flowers are so cute!! Thank you for joining with us at Sketchabilities.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...