Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sole Therapy

I have been working on a layout for a few days now.  I had the photo sitting out in my office for several days, and I just kept sitting back and thinking about the memories in this photo. After 23 years of scrapbooking, I've come to a place where I really want to think about the memory of the photo and scrapbook it accordingly.  I am in no way, shape, or form a power scrapbooker.  It's just so much more fulfilling for me to create the feeling along with the page.  I saw an awesome sketch at Sketchabilities that I wanted to work with, so I had the base of the page done with the photo on, but then I needed to think of a good title so that I could go about my embellishing.


The title was inspired by my husband.  I asked him what his feelings were when we were standing in the sand  on a Grenada beach, and his first word was therapeutic.  Perfect!  Don't ever be afraid to ask the other people involved in the photo what their feelings were because that's important to the story-telling, too.


Items used for this page that can be found on my website:

  • X7168B  Surf's Up Paper Packet
  • Z1841  Surf's Up Assortment
  • Z1837  Wooden Mini Medley Accents
  • Z1844  Wooden Trinket Shapes
  • Z1753  Brown & Tan Sparkles
  • Z1081  Colonial White Waxy Flax
  • Z1701  Neutral Baker's Twine
  • Z1686  Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge (Banners, Scalloped Border, Scalloped Circle)
  • Z1790  Artiste Cricut Cartridge (alphabet)


Pin It

12 comments:

Andie said...

LOVE this layout!!! Saw it on Pinterest and pinned it right away then had to check out your blog - new follower and fellow CTMHer here :-) Great title!!

Lynn said...

Wow, I just love this layout, title and photo. I feel relaxed just looking at it!

Joyce said...

Just beautiful, and it truely reflects great memories.

Jacqui said...

Love your little pin wheel and your title is excellent. Thanks for playing laong with us at Sketchabilities.

Unknown said...

Love the details in this page. It is perfect with this picture.

Carolyn Burch said...

I just saw and pinned this layout on pinterest. I liked it so much that I decided to follow the link and see where it went....of course I SHOULD have recognized the name :-) but it's early and before coffee #1....I absolutely LOVE your title - kudos to the hubby for inspiration
Carolyn @ www.iamthecraftylady.com

Unknown said...

What a beautiful layout. I love the title too. Tell Jerry good job. ;)

Unknown said...

Such a wonderful layout!
I like the embellishment very much!

best wishes,
Birgit

Cherished said...

Lovely page! Thanks for joining us at Sketchabilities.

Naiara said...

Adorable!
Thanks for playing whit us at Sketchabilities!

リホママ(rihomama) said...

Oh!This photo is soooo good♡
I like this LO.
Thank you for joining at Sketchabilities.

Tracy P said...

Great take on the sketch! Your title is perfect and I love the picture. Very nice touch with the wooden accents. Thanks for joining in at Sketchabilities!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...