Friday, June 7, 2013

Guest Designer at ABC Challenges....You Are My Anchor

I am so excited to be a guest designer at ABC Challenges for this challenge!  I was even more excited that the challenge is to create a masculine card.  That means if you need masculine ideas (and I think we all do), you should check out this challenge to get your juices flowing!


I grabbed the sketch over at Mojo Monday for this one.  I will officially say that this is my favorite paper in the Spring/Summer Idea Book (it only took me almost 6 months to decide that!).  It is bright, bold, and cheery, and it screams masculine.  We spend a lot of time on the lake in the summer, so this is perfect paper for scrapping those memories.  "You are my anchor" is from the Sail Away stamp set.  I cut the circles and banners using my Artiste cartridge.

Be sure to run over to ABC Challenges and play along!

Pin It

7 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is a gorgeous masculine card, from the design to the colour. Love how you have used the twine. Congrats on your well deserved GDT spot.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 600-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you already have entered and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Karen Day said...

Know what my favourite part of this awesome card is?? That subtle embossed background - what a great touch :o)

Pia S said...

I spotted your card over at ABC Challenges and thought I'd hop over to your blog to tell you how much I like it! I love the colors and the circle shaped sentiment, and the anchor patterned paper is a nice detail.

HannaO said...

this card is so fantastic. I love the colours. Great inspiration. Thank you.

Danielle Vincent said...

Fabulous masculine card Brenda! I agree that the colors are perfect for masculine cards. Love how you mixed the papers for such an amazing look. Thanks so much for being our guest designer this week at ABC Challenges. Hugs D

Casandra Bennett said...

Awesome card!

Unknown said...

Love the circle collage!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...