Friday, September 6, 2013

Be Yourself

If there are any two people in the world that are always just who they are, it's my husband and his twin brother.  This morning, my brother in-law was admitted to the ICU for bleeding on his brain.  
My husband, of course, is there, but while I've been waiting to hear news I busied myself by making this layout of the two of them.  


I've used only a 2-1/2" strip of For Always chevron paper, otherwise this layout is black and white daisy cardstock.  I re-inked my black ink pad to get the richest color possible from my dye ink.  I've used several stamp sets - All the Details, Sightseer, Washi Wonder, Family Love, and Wheel of Life.  That big spinner works perfectly on this page.  I used my Artbooking cartridge to make the Polaroid frame and "be yourself."  The gathered ribbon is ruby chevron with some black twine, and I finished it all off with some discontinued brads from my stash.  My inspiration for this layout came from Sketch #105 at Sketch Savvy.

Scrapbooking is therapeutic.  Paper and stamps are the first place I go when I am praying about something.  I am very certain that there are a lot of you who can relate.

Thanks for stopping by today!  I really appreciate that you take the time to visit me!

Pin It

8 comments:

Casandra Bennett said...

Oh honey, I'm sorry. I hope the doctors can make him better, and that he can heal quickly. Sounds scary. :(

Nancy Ball said...

I am very sorry to hear of your Brother-In-Law's admission to hospital. I pray he is better soon.
This layout is stunning!

Janice said...

Your layout is great! Saying a prayer for your brother in law.

Amy Hervey said...

Brenda, sorry to hear this. Praying for peace and healing.

Wendy Coffman said...

I hope he's going to be ok! Hugs!

Alyson Mayo said...

What a beautiful layout and a great way to focus your own thoughts on what is happening. Prayers and hugs to you and your family, sweetie!

Hansi Brittain said...

I am so sorry to hear about your brother in law. I will certainly keep him in my prayers. Your layout is a lovely way to honor their relationship and provide you with some therapy.

rubyslipperz1052 said...

sending prayers that he may be well soon =)

annie =)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...