Sunday, October 20, 2013

Happy Birthday

I love playing along with Cardabilities challenges because they stretch in ways I may not create otherwise.  Maybe it's that I'd like to create that way all the time.  There is nothing I love more than just lingering over paper and ink, fussy cutting, and then putting it all together.


This is very old paper and because I love it so, I have been hoarding it.  For those of you that have known Close To My Heart for several years, perhaps you remember this one - Key To My Heart.  It was a January special in 2009, and I have three sheets left along with some scraps.  It came with matching stamps, and that is how I created the journaling box, heart, and vines.  If you look closely (you can click on it to make it larger), you will see that I did some light stamping on the background.  I used the script in Universal Backgrounds and the diamond pattern in Geometric Backgrounds to make a tone-on-tome base.  I inked color ready seam binding with a juniper marker

It's cold and rainy/snowy here in Minnesota.  It's a good day to be in my craft room.  I hope that you are having an awesome day!  Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It

7 comments:

Karen Day said...

I spotted that paper immediately!! I have my little dwindling stash of it too... Lovely, warm card Brenda!

Lynn said...

Beautiful card. I love the warm yellows with the Juniper ribbon/bow. Thanks for linking up to Cardabilities!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I just love these colors and all of the little details.

Adriana B said...

such a wonderful card :)

adziamar said...

Very beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Cardabilities.

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Cardabilities!!

Zhanna Achtyamova said...

So sweet! Thank you for playing along with us at Cardabilities!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...