Monday, October 14, 2013

Holidays from the Heart Gift Guide Blog Hop

Welcome to the Holidays from the Heart 
Gift Guide Blog Hop!

You should have come to me from the sweet and fabulous Sheri Rottler's blog.  This blog hop is a circle of  fifteen Close To My Heart consultants that I am sure will inspire you to create holiday paper crafts that will Sparkle and Shine!  You can jump from blog to blog but should you get lost along the way, you can find the complete list HERE.

I wanted to make something that would show you several of the patterns that are in the Sparkle and Shine paper packet.  I found an old pattern in my files for a fun and unique mini album, and I thought this was the perfect project!   I've got a lot of pictures to share, so let's get started with the front of the album!


We got a glimpse of this paper in the Fall/Winter Idea Book with the Sparkle and Shine Textiles, so I couldn't wait to make a bow with the pretty slate houndstooth fabric.  It made the perfect closure for this album.  Don't you think it matches the paper and embellishments perfectly?  The trees and sentiment are the from the Sparkle and Shine Dimensional Elements, and the yo-yo is a part of the Sparkle and Shine Assortment.  Now let me open open the album for you...


I created the album in a way that I could easily untie the bow and slide it out from the popped up embellishments.  As you can see from this photo, I've used some of the matching slate houndstooth paper on the inside.  But let's take a look at it completely opened up...


I am so happy that I dug through my files to find this pattern.  What a wonderful display for Christmas photos!  The base of this album is two sheets of Ruby cardstock, so it's very sturdy. I added White Daisy mats under the Sparkle and Shine paper to give it even more strength.  I want to share a close-up so that you can see how well everything coordinates and how pretty the embellishments are.


The flags and stitched circles are from the Sparkle and Shine Assortment, and the twine, buttons, and felt poinsettas are from the Ruby Mini Medley Assortment.

Let me tell you a little bit about the Holidays from the Heart Gift Guide.  This is a 21-page mini Idea Book filled with fantabulous product and over-the-top gorgeous projects.  What I love about this book is that is that there are items not only for the paper crafter but for the gift giver as well!  You'll find a super cute fabric Seasons Tweetings Gift Bag Kit with tags that you can stamp yourself to add that special detail and perfect touch. Do you have a teenager or busy mom in your life?  I bet they would love to find one of our Hip Pics Albums under the tree!

As good as that all is, there's a BIG something for you, too!  For every $100 purchase from the gift guide and/or Autumn/Winter Idea Book, you will receive one of the "starred" items in the book FREE!  There are a plethora of items from which you can choose, and a shining deal to save you even more this holiday season!  This special runs from October 15 - December 31st.

I've shown you just a little of what's in this book, and there's just so much more to see!  Hop on over now to Karen Pedersen's blog.  She is not only my upline, but a good friend and constant source of inspiration.  I know that you are going to love visiting her!

Edit:  Thank you so much for your emails and comments!  Due to Corporate Policy, I cannot sell this template.  I veered quite far from the original cutting guide to build this to suit my needs, so the original pattern would not be recognizable.  I don't know the source of the original pattern, but even so I will not copy and distribute in respect of the copyright.   I will however, be offering my personal cutting guide and template as part of a purchase.  Watch my blog the week of October 21st for more information!

Pin It

29 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Brenda! This is over-the-top gorgeous! I studied each and every photo because there were so many beautiful details.

Pamela OConnor said...

Oh my goodness! Blow me away! Brenda, this is absolutely stunning. What an honor it is to be hopping along with you! :) Love everything you do.

Lynn said...

Brenda, this is so gorgeous. The inside looks like a dramatic stage ready to spotlight some favorite photos. I love the fabric bow.

Kristine Porter said...

Truly stunning!!

Unknown said...

oh for the love of Pete this is AMAZING!

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning! Brenda, you are so amazingly talented! Will you share the pattern? Thanks so much! ~ Denise

Unknown said...

Wow! This is great. All of those little details are perfect.

Melissa Laverty said...

Just absolutely stunning. So thrilled to have you part of this hop. Thanks for sharing your talents with us!

Krista Hershberger ---- Krista's Crafty with CTMH said...

Brenda, this is just BEAUTIFUL!! Absolutely love the amazing detail you used for each page of your book. Thanks so much for sharing, and so excited to be in this hop together! :)

Linda Langhammer said...

Brenda, You never cease to amaze me with your beautiful designs. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!! Thank You so much for sharing.

Deb Fortin said...

what a great mini album . a treasure to keep for future seasonal displays
Can you share the pattern?

Unknown said...

Seriously - I don't even think I would put photos on this album. It's a show stopper as it is! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

Rebecca Cross said...

Thank you so much for sharing the talent that God has given you ! I follow your blog post and you never cease to amaze me!!

This is so amazing, I'm speechless!

Unknown said...

Love this idea Brenda! Unique and tastefully designed. How you came up with this, I have no idea! Truly a joy to have and create!

Scrappinaway said...

WOW, you made this awesome! Never seen anything like this! Thanks for sharing.

Helen Gullett said...

Wow!!K this is so amazing and gorgeous!!

Vicki Wizniuk said...

Wow, wow, wow, wow, WOW! Crazy how amazing this is. Love it entirely. :)

Unknown said...

This is just beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Wow! Fantastic album!

Sheri Rottler said...

Amazing, Brenda! It's fun to hop with you! Love ya

Lyn said...

Beautiful! Would love to know how I can create one of these for myself.

Lisa Stenz said...

Wowza!! What an incredible mini album! I am speechless! I love everything about it! :)

Katy said...

Absolutely LOVE this...the tied ribbon from textiles is BRILLIANT!!!

Christine Adams said...

Brenda, as usual, I am BLOWN AWAY by your pure talent and creativity! LOVE this project!

Sara Zeller said...

Yes, I agree with all these ladies.....this project is amazing! I keep coming back to admire it. I am so so so grateful to have you as my upline and friend. Your talent shines in everything you do.

Justine Hovey said...

What a stunning project. I am in love with it! I would love love love to have that pattern! It would be perfect to send my parents for the holidays! If you wouldn't mind sending it out?. My email is justine_hovey@hotmail.com!

Once again, outstanding project!

bakscrap said...

What a wonderful album Brenda!

Kim Hill said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for all your hardwork and inspiration!!!

Romaine said...

WOW! beautiful!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...