Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Thanks For the Lift!

Did you know that there are some Spring items in the Holidays from the Heart Gift Guide?  The Lifting Spirits stamp set landed on my doorstep last week, and I have been wanting to ink it up to show you how fun the Spring product is, too!  I used the sketch from The Paper Players for this card.


Now who wouldn't love getting this balloon in the mail?  The clouds, balloon, and banners are a part of the Lifting Spirits stamp set.  I didn't use a lot of patterned paper on this card  - just a little Chantilly and Surf's Up.  I've colored the banners and balloon with Buttercup, Sky, and Sorbet markers after stamping the images with chocolate pigment ink.  Do you see that woodgrain pattern?  That is one of the washi tapes in the book, and I will be using that one a lot!  I brought out the white core in our paper by sanding the dots after dry embossing.

If you don't have your Holiday Guide yet, you can view it online HERE.  The fun thing about going to this link is that you will also find the recipes for the projects in the current Idea Books!

Thanks for stopping in today and giving me a lift!

Pin It

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So many fun details to sit and drool about on this card!

Casandra Bennett said...

Clever use of the banners for this card. :)

Vicki Wizniuk said...

So cool! I love how you used the banners, too. Awesome. :)

Lynn said...

Fabulous! Love what you did with this stamp set. Clever use of the banners!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Wow! Brenda, this is gorgeous! I am in love with the colors and the mix of patterns and images. So may beautiful details. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Ann Schach said...

How cute is this, Brenda! I love the mix of colors, images, and textures! The banners are awesome! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...