Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Sew Special

Page Maps U recently starting have classes, and I purchased their first one.  I love that they are self-paced and when you buy the class, you have all the files.  Sketches, cutting guides, instructions, etc.  I love learning tips and techniques, so this has been fun for me!  This layout is based on one of the sketches from the class.


This photo is from 2007, and it is very dear to me.  I treasure the pictures that I have of myself with Jeanette Lynton.  She truly is my creative hero, and I count myself blessed every day because of the vision she has for Close To My Heart!

I had some scraps of Claire (retired) that fit the sketch perfectly, so I combined them with some Claire Canvas Shapes, Wooden Trinkets, an Artbooking overlay, Brown/Tan Sparkles, and the January Stamp of the Month.  I've raised the actual photo up, and on the right side of the photo, I've placed a hidden journaling block.  

I am going to enter this in to the Bitten By the Bug 2 (Scrap Your Hobbies) challenge.

Thanks so much for stopping in today!  I always appreciate that you visit me!!

Pin It

13 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

Brenda, this is a GORGEOUS layout. I really like how you put the screen behind and let it peak out on the right hand side.

Casandra Bennett said...

What a special picture that is! Beautiful layout. I hope you are well, and staying warm. We are currently having -30 wind chills here and white out conditions. My house is super snuggly.

Pam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pam said...

What a beautiful layout & wonderful picture of you and Jeanette! And a special layout & memory for you I am sure! I signed up in May 2010 & didn't attend Convention in DC that year & I kick myself for it because I believe that was the last year Jeanette would do photo ops with Consultants.

Brenda said...

Hi Brenda, I am loving your layout! Love the papers you used and love that overlay. How fun to put the hidden journaling on your layout as well! Love the pic of you and Jeanette. How special for you to have and to document! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

Mollie said...

Beautiful layout! Love the papers! Thanks so much for sharing with us at BBTB2 this week!!!

Emily - Mollie's Motif

Pam MacKay said...

Love your colors and gorgeous layout! Thanks for joining BBTB2 Challenge!

Caroline said...

Your layout is just beautiful! The papers are so pretty! Love the embellishments and the overlay. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

Unknown said...

What a special photo. Your layout is just as special!

Sharon said...

Fantastic layout!!! Love the papers and that pretty butterfly. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Hobby' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

Mayras Designs said...

This layout is beautiful as is the picture ! I love the design ! Thank you so much for joining us at BBTB2 !

Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

moknowsall said...

great layout, I especially like the overlay, I just used that same one on a card this week. It really makes your photo pop, and looks like a designer paper.

Maureen (BBTB2)

Scrapping Girl said...

Love your layout-really showcases your photo full of special memories! Thanks for joining our BBTB2 challenge this week.
:)
Michelle

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...