Thursday, January 9, 2014

Love

I stayed up late last night to spend a little time creating with the Mojo Monday sketch.  I am continuing to make my Valentine's Day cards, so this is what I came up with.


This is an unlikely paper combination - Chantilly and Sparkle & Shine.  Both of them have retired, but I thought it a nice combination for a friendship Valentine's card.  I've used slate cardstock to mat everything, and the inks are slate and blush.  "LOVE" is from the January Stamp of the Month, the Valentine's tag is from the Holiday Tags set (you should check this one out - so useful all year!), and the little sentiment is from Lifting Spirits.   The large heart is a Dimensional Element, and I covered it with Chantilly paper.  It adds a little depth and texture to the card.  I pulled out my color ready ribbon and colored it with slate ink.  The hat pins are from the slate mini-medley collection.

I also going to enter this into the Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge - Pink and Ribbon.

Thanks so much for stopping in today!  I hope that this finds you blessed!

Pin It

7 comments:

Gina Brandstetter said...

Beautiful!! I would have never thought of those 2 papers together!

Casandra Bennett said...

Pretty. Great paper combo.

Karen Day said...

OOh! Awesome paper combo Brenda!

Jessie L. said...

This is just beautiful! I love the paper combo. It's unexpected yet flows together perfectly! Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon. Hope to see you again for the next challenge!

Unknown said...

Nice card Brenda!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! The soft colors are breathtaking!

Kim Hill said...

What a brilliant combination! I love pink and gray, and still never thought of putting those two papers together. This is such a FABULOUS card!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...